Late 2016 JUCO DE Offer

Apparently has been at (at least) three different JUCOs and is still working on getting eligible.

Not sure what kind of eligibility he has left. I think he's been in JUCOs for three years so at best a 2-for-2 guy.

I guess if the staff offered him, they must feel like it is a good chance he will be eligible. There is 1 open scholly by my count, if both this DE and the DT transfer want in, I wonder who will not be renewed in the current 84?

Apparently has been at (at least) three different JUCOs and is still working on getting eligible.

Not sure what kind of eligibility he has left. I think he's been in JUCOs for three years so at best a 2-for-2 guy.

I guess if the staff offered him, they must feel like it is a good chance he will be eligible. There is 1 open scholly by my count, if both this DE and the DT transfer want in, I wonder who will not be renewed in the current 84?
Can't remember the name but there one walk on I was surprised got scholly.

I wish you could go back and see how these JUCO kids were recruited out of HS. Is he in JUCO because he didn't have any other offers or did he have some good offers but didn't have the grades?

Most JC kids go that route because of grades. Most kids that are going to play but can't get D1 and end up at small schools do so because they love playing and are happy to go play at Hastings or UNK and stuff like that. Most kids with the grades that still want to play don't do the JC route.

It is a little different with basketball

I wish you could go back and see how these JUCO kids were recruited out of HS. Is he in JUCO because he didn't have any other offers or did he have some good offers but didn't have the grades?

Most JC kids go that route because of grades. Most kids that are going to play but can't get D1 and end up at small schools do so because they love playing and are happy to go play at Hastings or UNK and stuff like that. Most kids with the grades that still want to play don't do the JC route.

It is a little different with basketball

I understand. However, there are those few kids that believe they are D1 talent but didn't have the exposure coming out of HS to get an offer so they go JUCO to get noticed. Obviously, it appears this is a grades issue.

If this kid has been to three JUCOs, and we have one scholarship to offer and the DT transfer wants in, I take the DT. He has graduated and obviously grades are not an issue.

Less risk of a wasted scholarship.

On their 247 profile page you can click a drop-down list on the right-hand side of the profile header and pick their high school profile to show you some information. Doesn't look like there is much in his but that may have been because it was obvious he wasn't going to qualify.