Nebraska Cornhuskers at the 2016 Big Ten Conference Tournament

All the teams in the tourney are pretty close to each other - This doesn't have to be so dramatic.

When you are building a resume for potential recruits - it's always a good idea to focus on the positive and then the things that are 50/50 you try to spin them to make them seem positive.

All the teams in the tourney are pretty close to each other - This doesn't have to be so dramatic.

When you are building a resume for potential recruits - it's always a good idea to focus on the positive and then the things that are 50/50 you try to spin them to make them seem positive.

lol, that isn't even close to being true..

I'm sure the coaches do that. Not our job to bust out the turd-polish. Erstad's recruiting classes have actually been pretty well regarded, their development appears uneven at best.

Still, an at-large regional bid looks like it's in the cards so I'm not gonna say DE's job is in jeopardy just yet.

I'm sure the coaches do that. Not our job to bust out the turd-polish. Erstad's recruiting classes have actually been pretty well regarded, their development appears uneven at best.

Still, an at-large regional bid looks like it's in the cards so I'm not gonna say DE's job is in jeopardy just yet.

I agree, I don't think it is either, that said, I am not happy with how he has done.

• Fire 2

I agree, I don't think it is either, that said, I am not happy with how he has done.

We technically overachieved according to preseason predictions. Though I think we have had some improvement over last year. I think next year is when we need to be in serious talk for a regional host to continue the improvement.

Please give a short list of PAST baseball coaches at NU that you are happy with

What's the point? It took Bill Byrne actually giving a crap about the program to find a coach who knew how to win, after many years of wallowing in mediocrity. The more pressing question is who were these major-conference coaches that Tom Osborne said wanted this job back in June 2011?

"Coaches from major conferences in all parts of the country were interested in this job," Osborne said. "They know we have first-class facilities and a strong commitment to having a successful baseball program."

We gambled picking a guy with 1 year as a volunteer, and don't have a lot to show for it yet.

Why? Do you realize this is the fourth coach since 1978?

Sanders was hired in 78 I believe and made it to 3 regionals, 2 early on and his last was 85 or 86 can't remember for sure, but that was it for him. he did well early on but faded with only 2 more seasons with more than 40 wins (after that last regional).. he had like 9 40+ win seasons but only made a regional 3 times.

Van Horn by far was the best coach NU has ever had - Anderson did well early on, but after all of Van Horns players were gone Anderson didn't fair so well and subsequently was fired.

Did you ask this to prove some sort of point?

EDIT: forgot to add Sanders had a couple ranked teams, they were with that early success.

• Fire 1

Sanders was hired in 78 I believe and made it to 3 regionals, 2 early on and his last was 85 or 86 can't remember for sure, but that was it for him. he did well early on but faded with only 2 more seasons with more than 40 wins (after that last regional).. he had like 9 40+ win seasons but only made a regional 3 times.

Van Horn by far was the best coach NU has ever had - Anderson did well early on, but after all of Van Horns players were gone Anderson didn't fair so well and subsequently was fired.

EDIT: forgot to add Sanders had a couple ranked teams, they were with that early success.

I asked for the simple reason to find out which coaches you approved of - no more no less.

However, I would have to say that I haven't followed baseball that closely until the past few years (so until "huskernc" gave me the history) I wasn't aware of the short list of coaches, hence the question that wasn't that valuable.

I asked for the simple reason to find out which coaches you approved of - no more no less.

However, I would have to say that I haven't followed baseball that closely until the past few years (so until "huskernc" gave me the history) I wasn't aware of the short list of coaches, hence the question that wasn't that valuable.

Oh ok, fair enough!

lol, that isn't even close to being true..

Care to explain yourself. It looks like the 1,2,3,5 seeds have exited the tourney with the 4,6,7,8 still playing. Looks like all the teams are pretty close.