Eichorst, B1G See Momentum for Recruiting Changes

“We’re at a time with our structure where we can definitely preserve what we have but also improve and enhance the game from A to Z,’’ Eichorst said. “Big Ten people are interested in recruiting, early signing, camps and regional clinics.

“If you are thinking about early signing, you have to think about earlier access. And now that we are able to pay for parents to make official visits, we have to look at staff sizes to handle that.’’
Big Ten schools have different ideas on what recruiting calendar changes to consider.
West Division schools, which generally are farther from large population centers, are interested in allowing paid official visits in the summer. The current calendar, which allows official visits once the fall semester begins, often limits how many recruits can come from long distances.
Schools in both divisions differ on whether a December signing period is worthwhile.
One thing apparently all agree on is that Big Ten schools aren’t disadvantaged in the current world of recruiting, despite the oversigning that occurs most often in the SEC and ACC.

OWH

To be honest, the only 2 changes I'd make are these:

1) limit staffs to 5 total Satellite camps they can have partial or full staff at.

2) allow incoming SR's the ability to start taking OV's on June 1 before their senior year.

Seriously, we got a huge coupe when they allowed us to pay for parents on OV's. We're not very far away from a PERFECT situation for Nebraska.

I don't really want earlier signing day. I wouldn't mind if they were allowed to Officially Sign at any point, and then be able to get out of it if their position coach or head coach left. I personally think it would be too much of a crunch on staff who are trying to win with their current team. I like NSD to be a singular deal, but would be open to the part about allowing kids to commit whenever they are ready and actually sign.

June 1 would be a huge improvement. But I'd like to see it moved back to the spring. Just look at all the kids who are committed already. Way too many are committing before they can even go on an official visit. Make it March 1 or so - after NSD for the previous year (assuming that doesn't change as well - when they can get in and watch spring practice or the spring game.

Eliminate signing day. Wake me when that happens.

(I'm agreeing with you Redux)

Saban and others gripe about satellite camps for a variety of reasons, but two of the main ones are that it's means no break or rest for coaches and less time is spent with kids already on campus. I actually think both are legit concerns, though the former is diminished by the increasing pay checks (i.e., if you make $150k+, I don't have much sympathy for you having only a couple of free weeks a year).

An early signing day, or ideally no official signing day, would help put time back in a coach's pocket. It would also have a million other benefits to both parties.

I keep hoping to see that change come up for serious consideration, but unfortunately there's too much money in the recruitnik industry pushing back against it.