Huskerboard members game list

Updated:

I know I went to a couple more home games in my formative years but can't remember which ones for sure.

1988 - @ Colorado (W)

1997 - Akron (W), Central Florida (W), Kansas State (W), Texas Tech (W), Oklahoma (W), Iowa State (W)

1998 - Louisiana Tech (W), UAB (W), Washington (W), Oklahoma State (@ KC, W), Kansas (W), Missouri (W), Texas (L)

1999 - California (W), S Mississippi (W), @ Missouri (W), Oklahoma State (W), Iowa State (W), Texas A&M (W), Kansas State (W)

2000 - San Jose St. (W), Iowa (W), Missouri (W), Baylor (W), Kansas (W)

2001 - TCU (W), Troy (W), Notre Dame (W), Rice (W), @ Missouri (W), Iowa State (W), Texas Tech (W), Oklahoma (W), Kansas State (W)

2003 - @ Kansas (W)

2005 - Texas Tech (L)

2011 - @ Wyoming (W)

2012 - S Mississippi (W), Michigan (W), Penn State (W)

2013 - Wyoming (W), UCLA (L), Michigan State (L)

2014 - F. Atlantic (W), Miami (W), Rutgers (W)

2015 - BYU (L), S Alabama (W), S Mississippi (W), Northwestern (L), Iowa (L)

2016 - Wyoming (W), Oregon (W), Purdue (W), Maryland (W)

2017 - Arkansas State (W), Iowa (L)

2018 - Colorado (L), Minnesota (W)

2019 - South Alabama (W)

52-9 Overall Record

Edited by Mavric
Updated
23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Why Illinois 2018? Was the crowd into it, or you're just excited about Frost, or just some other random reason?

Had really good seats, crowd wasn't great but not bad.  Went with a buddy, had fun after.

And....it replaced a win over South Alabama.  My track record VS teams with a pulse isn't great.

First game ever . 1996 Colorado game . Great game , lousy weather . Rain ran down my poncho and Into my boots til large woman in front of me sat on it and ripped it off . Soaked and freezing but  Huskers won ! 

Went to several more Husker /buffs home games through the 90s all good games and husker wins . 

2005 Wake Forrest was a good game too . Beautiful weather , good seats Zach Taylor  throwing darts but also getting sacked many times . I could hear him hitting the ground clear up in the seats , and I have no idea how he kept getting back up.  Huskers won big . 

Favorite game was 2010 Missouri game when Helu ran all over them . Great seats he was running right at us on a couple of those TDs . Glorious day and big Husker win . 

Least favorite game was 2015 Northwestern . Missed the 1st quarter drinkin /tailgating , expected  an  easy win . Stadium  was as dead as I’ve ever seen it , other than lots of booing and angry fans . Remember feeling we should have easily won but we pissed it away . Only loss I’ve seen live . 

10-1 record overall in games I’ve attended. All home games . 

Alright I'm gonna try my best to recount my games. 

95 Orange Bowl against Miami (w)

95 vs. Washington St. (I believe this is the game we left home with nothing but sunshine and got to the stadium and it was sleeting. Spent the entire game underneath the south endzone sitting up against the fence watching). (W)

96 Big 12 Championship vs. Texas (L)

97 vs. OU. I think this is the game with the rainbow over Memorial Stadium for TO's 250th win. (W)

97 Big 12 Championship vs Texas A&M (W)

I know I was at some games in this stretch but don't remember exactly which ones. There was an away trip to Lawrence I remember. Keep in mind I wasn't even 10 yet in 97.

2001 vs. OU (W) Remember staying up late the night before to make a sign for Gameday that day. Stood right along the fence in the NE corner maybe 30 feet from the Gameday set. To this day the loudest I have ever heard Memorial Stadium. 

03 vs. Penn State (W)

05 vs Maine (W)

06 vs. KU (2 OT W) Took my college roommate from Lawrence to this one and we had a blast. Almost had to stay in Lincoln that night which would've made Sunday morning baseball practice a tough thing to get to. 

06 Big 12 Championship vs OU (L) By far the coldest game I have ever sat through. 

09 vs K-State (w)

10 Holiday Bowl vs Washington. (L) I'm adding this one for the story behind it. Myself and 4 friends were supposed to make a New Year's trip out of this game. Lincoln to San Diego to Vegas (new years) back to Lincoln. Being in college we decide to drive the whole trip. So we loaded up a van 28 hrs before kickoff from the chateau apartments in Lincoln and headed west. Made it to Albuquerque in 11 hours. Just west of there we ran into a "blizzard" which shut down most interstates and highways. It took us 13 hours to get from Albuquerque to Phoenix. Luckily for us one of the guy's girlfriend had some sort of lodging for us in Phoenix. Get to the apartment quick nap, started pre-gaming and went to a husker bar for the game. Woke up the next day drove to Vegas for New Years, stayed 2 nights there then made the trek back to Lincoln. Last road trip for me. 

11 vs. UT-Chattanooga (W)

11 vs. Ohio State (W) Almost left this game at halftime. Thank you Joe Bauserman

12 vs. Southern MIss (W)

12 vs. Wisconsin (W) 

13 vs. Wyoming (W)

13 vs. Michigan State (L)

14 vs. Illinois (W)

14 vs. Rutgers (W)

15 vs. Wisconsin (L)

15 vs. Iowa (L)

16 vs. Minnesota (W)

17 vs. Iowa (L) First time I ever left a game at half. 

18 vs. Troy (L) Somehow this was the first game my brother and I attended together since the 03 Penn State game. 

18 vs. Michigan State (TBD)

• Plus1 2

Updated

1999 - Southern Miss (first home game 8 yrs old| W)

2000 - Colorado (W, remembering my dad saying Brown would miss FG, he made it)

2001 - Troy State (W)

2002 - Utah State (W) @ Iowa State (L, first road game, my birthday)

2003 - Troy State (W) @ Missouri (L, Brad Smith enough said)

2004 - Western Illinois (W)

2005 - Maine (W) Iowa State (W first overtime game) @ Kansas (L)

2006 - Louisiana Tech (W) -Nicholls State (W) Kansas (W) Texas (L) Big XII Championship (Oklahoma) (L)

2007 - Nevada (W) Ball State (W)@ Missouri (L)

2008 - Western Michigan (W) San Jose State (W) Missouri (L) Baylor (W, RGIII frosh year) Colorado (W)

2009 - Florida Atlantic (W) Arkansas State (W) Louisiana-La Fayette (W 300th sellout) Texas Tech (L) Oklahoma (W) Kansas State (W)

2010 - WKU (W) Idaho (W) SDSU (W) Texas (L) Missouri (W) @ Iowa State (W) Kansas (W) Colorado (W)

2011 - Every home game (6-1)

2012 - Every home game (7-0)

2013 - Every home game except SDSU (4-3)

2014 - Every home game including @ Wisconsin (6-2)

2015 - Every home game except Wisconsin (3-3)

2016 - Every home game (7-0)

2017 - Every home game except Ohio State and Northern Illinois (2-4)

2018 - Missed Minnesota, BC, went to @ Wisconsin and @ Michigan (1-5)

Total - 66-27 (71% Win Oct, 93 games)

• Plus1 2

I had season tickets in 1999.  I can remember 1995 versus KSU because of the block from Mike Rucker.  I remember having the buzz of my life en route to the 2002 Colorado game we lost despite having scored on a deep TD pass (and I want to say we struck deep against Ole Miss in the bowl, too, but still lost).  I remember 2006 versus Texas because of the Nunn fumble that gave the Whorns life.  I remember 2008 Missouri for how bad the game was and that the Westboro folks were around with signs I didn't enjoy having to explain to my young child (going to his first Husker game that wasn't a Spring one, I think).  I went to the final home games from 2014-2016 and mostly remember the hat, getting a picture with Goldie Gopher, and how cold it was (sequentially).

Started attending games in 1968 as a kid and from the '72, season on,  attended nearly every home game until 2013 when I gave up my season ticket "pair" after my late wife passed away and began attending one or two games a year since I moved to New York and travel, work, etc. made attending monumentally difficult.  I also attended half a dozen away games around the Big 8 and numerous bowls (Rose, Orange, Sugar, Cotton, Fiesta, Alamo, Citrus, Kick off Classic, and others I am likely forgetting.   Not sure how many games that would total but assuming an average of 8 per year over 40 years, I guess that would be around 320.   I missed a couple in '94 when I was in hospital with a blood clot ironically at the very same time as Tommie F.   

Naturally, I wish I could have never missed a game but it required a true life or death or major family crisis to have kept me from being there 'in all kinds of weather'.

Too many incredible memories and a in recent times more than enough disappointing losses to list.   There aren't many Husker legends I didn't watch play and I was lucky enough to meet or greet the lion's share under the south stadium locker rooms, fan days, freshman games and etc through my college years and ever since.  I am the proud owner of one of bricks in the walk beneath SW stadium entrance and with all the funds I have spent for tickets, Beef club memberships, contributions, concessions, banquets, spring games (I attended over half of those I am sure), etc., I ought to have a deed for a small section of Memorial Stadium.   (I have attended many gymnastics, track, BB, VB and other Husker events as well along the way just to get a temporary Husker 'fix' in between football seasons).   

I may not be the most die hard, dedicated Husker fan of all time but I am certain I would be in the upper 2% for sure.    

2018 - Bethune Cookman

2017 - Ohio St, Iowa

2016 - Maryland

2015 - Southern Miss, Iowa

2014 - Florida Atlantic, Rutgers, Purdue

2013 - Wyoming, UCLA

2012 - Ark St, Idaho St

2011 - Chattanooga, Northwestern, Iowa

2010 - Missouri, Colorado

2009 - Fla Atlantic, Va Tech, Oklahoma

2008 - Western Mich, San Jose St, Mizzou, Kansas, Colorado

2007 - Nevada, USC, Ball St, Iowa St, Ok St, aTm, 

2006 - La Tech, Colorado

2005 - Maine

2004 - Southern Miss, Mizzou, Colorado

2003 - Iowa St

2002 - Utah St, Colorado

2001 - Rice, Tex Tech, Kansas St

2000 - Colorado

1999 - Kansas St

1998 - Kansas 

1997 - Akron, UCF, Oklahoma

1996 - Kansas 

1995 - Kansas St (first game, 6 years old. North End Zone Section 37.)

• Plus1 1

2018 - @Ohio State

2017 - Wisconsin
2015 - Northwestern
2014 - Miami, Purdue
2013 - Northwestern
2012 - Michigan
2011 - Michigan State
2009 - Oklahoma, Kansas State
2008 - San Jose State, Baylor, Western Michigan 
2007 - @Missouri, USC, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Ball State, Nevada, Iowa State
2006 - Auburn (Cotton Bowl), Oklahoma (Big XII Championship), Kansas, Nicholls State, Colorado, Troy, Texas, Louisiana Tech, Missouri
2005 - Iowa State, Kansas State, Maine, Wake Forest, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh
2004 - Southern Mississippi, Baylor, Colorado, Missouri, Kansas, Western Illinois
2003 - Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Utah State, Kansas State, Troy State, Texas A&M
1996 - Colorado
1993 - North Texas 

37-14 record for games I have been to in person, including 0-4 away from Lincoln.  

Bonus - Indiana @ Iowa 2007.  Hoosiers with a 38-20 win to spoil homecoming of the bird parts.  My best man's father plays in the alumni band every year so I went with them once to witness.

• Plus1 1