Baylor Defections from 2016/17 Classes

We currently only have 1 open scholarship, correct? It's assumed that spot will be going to the graduate transfer DT if he selects us?

http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

This shows 85 on the button, but that doesn't seem right.

Edit: 1) Tanner Lee has a scholarship? 2) Keyan Williams is a walk-on I thought

They're both scholarship players.
So, planning on one kid to not make it if they're looking at the grad transfer?

We currently only have 1 open scholarship, correct? It's assumed that spot will be going to the graduate transfer DT if he selects us?

http://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

This shows 85 on the button, but that doesn't seem right.

Edit: 1) Tanner Lee has a scholarship? 2) Keyan Williams is a walk-on I thought

They're both scholarship players.
So, planning on one kid to not make it if they're looking at the grad transfer?

I don't think they can count very well. There are only 19 seniors in their list, not 20. And I didn't know Nabity was on scholarship. Possibly he got one this past semester but might not have it renewed? They also have 19 sophomores in their list, no 18.

So we have 84 or 85 depending on if Nabity keeps his this fall. But Riley also said there are a couple guys who have to hustle to qualify. I'd think we'll be finding out fairly soon as most guys are supposed to be on campus this weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

• 7 years later...

On 11/30/2016 at 12:46 PM, Decked said:

This could very well set them back 5-8 years. Nuts

Bump. I’m digging for something else, but found this thread and comment particularly interesting and not at your expense either. I think most would have made this statement when it was made - I would have.

Baylor had 1 recruit. Rhule comes in and has them top-10 by Year 3. I swore to myself I’ll not get excited about Husker football until they gave me a reason to, but this is another example giving me a lot of optimism. 

• Plus1 1

@Savage Husker He really did take a career risk...with most players leaving town, a black eye on the University, in a state with a hot bed of HS talent, and a place that was starting to feel good winning for once under Briles. 

I'm glad you brought this up to show how Rhule can turn around negative things into positive situations. 

I saw quite a few of his games and his progress.  Always liked him and was happy with how he flipped Baylor from Shame and Death.... to competing and winning and doing things right. 

Was also sad how some folks here at Nebraska turned there nose down at Baylor and continued their disgust even when Rhule was trying to do things right after a terrible situation he signed on for.  

• Thanks 1
On 1/14/2024 at 8:15 PM, admo said:

@Savage Husker He really did take a career risk...with most players leaving town, a black eye on the University, in a state with a hot bed of HS talent, and a place that was starting to feel good winning for once under Briles. 

I'm glad you brought this up to show how Rhule can turn around negative things into positive situations. 

I saw quite a few of his games and his progress.  Always liked him and was happy with how he flipped Baylor from Shame and Death.... to competing and winning and doing things right. 

Was also sad how some folks here at Nebraska turned there nose down at Baylor and continued their disgust even when Rhule was trying to do things right after a terrible situation he signed on for.  

Rhule‘s son-of-a-preacher-man background was ripe for a town/school like Baylor. If Rhule is the man, I really hope the culture in Lincoln is strong enough to keep Rhule around through retirement because this state needs another positive uplifting coach, kind of like John Cook. Don’t need the anger of Bo, the knock off version of Mr Rogers, or the immaturity of Frost. 

Rhule and his staff will make more mistakes but I have a good feeling he learns from them and adjusts. Outside of winning and winning something big, what else can one ask for.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1