How Exciting Would This Be?

By that logic, maybe Iowa State should join the Big 10?

The driving force behind conference expansion is increased value in TV rights. Iowa State doesn't offer that, certainly not when they already have the Iowa market sewn up with the Hawkeyes.

Nebraska was a big draw because we're a national brand, bringing eyes to TVs across the country (moreso when we're good, obviously). Oklahoma is also a national brand, bringing eyes to TVs beyond the borders of their state.

This is why ISU is the most likely school to be left in the wake of conference expansion. They're not attractive academically, athletically, or geographically (for recruiting).

Nebraska was a big draw because we're a national brand, bringing eyes to TVs across the country (moreso when we're good, obviously). Oklahoma is also a national brand, bringing eyes to TVs beyond the borders of their state.

Yes, that they do. And they used to have one of the greatest rivalries, if not THE greatest, in college football. That's what drove me to ask my original question. That and the last-second Hail Mary win against Northwestern in 2013–How exciting would it be to watch Nebraska defeat Oklahoma on a last-second Hail Mary?

Yes, that they do. And they used to have one of the greatest rivalries, if not THE greatest, in college football. That's what drove me to ask my original question. That and the last-second Hail Mary win against Northwestern in 2013How exciting would it be to watch Nebraska defeat Oklahoma on a last-second Hail Mary?

Sure. It would've been cool...but I'm not sure what you want here. How cool would it have been if the Hail Mary happened against OU while playing in the old Orange Bowl in half gravity because we relocated it to the moon?

• Fire 2

I don't want anything. I was just giving a hypothetical "what-if" scenario. Everybody's had their own sports fantasy moments, haven't they?

As for that Orange Bowl rematch on New Year's Day 1979, that was kind of unusual at the time. Usually, they don't pair up conference rivals in bowl games.

I don't want anything. I was just giving a hypothetical "what-if" scenario. Everybody's had their own sports fantasy moments, haven't they?

As for that Orange Bowl rematch on New Year's Day 1979, that was kind of unusual at the time. Usually, they don't pair up conference rivals in bowl games.

That really sucked. Warren's Mo beats Tom in the last game of the regular season. Tom would have could have and should have had a national championship that year if it were for the post OU let down.

In this fantasy scenario, could we change it so all our old Big 8 brothers didn't hate us and want to conspire with Texas against us?

And could we change the fact that Oklahoma chose Texas as their yearly rivalry game?

And could we change the fact that Colorado, Texas A&M, and Missouri all knew the Big XII was rotten at its core and bailed?

And could we change the fact that ABC/ESPN is a hot mess half the time and rarely worth watching, especially when Ed Cunningham is involved?

And could we change the fact that Oklahoma has beaten us six of the last eight times we played them, by a combined 102 points?

And could we change the fact that Nebraska didn't win a conference championship in 2008 and 2009, and possibly play for a national championship in 2009?

And could we change the fact that we'd be making tens of millions less in revenue in the Big XII, even with Colorado, A&M & Missouri all still in the fold?

And could we change the fact that we're in a far better conference now, with more - and more storied - programs, a conference that is currently relevant and perhaps the strongest conference in the country?

Because if we could change all that, it might be kinda exciting. A little.

ae610cdbdc73fa6544322d1c4f1780f1.jpg