*** 2019 Recruiting ***

14 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Does this rule apply though?

https://web3.ncaa.org/lsdbi/search/bylawView?id=102517#result

If so, it looks like there might be 6 extra to use, which would be great.  If not, Riley still managed to get a lot of guys on campus for the Spring game without official visits, so I'm sure Frost can too.

I believe that is already counting six back and still leaving us with two.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I believe that is already counting six back and still leaving us with two.

It's hard to say what our official count is as there were several who took unofficial visits.  One site I looked at had us at 54, one had us at 57.  Each academic year they are allowed 56, but if they didn't use all of them in one year, then up to 6 extra can be used the following academic year.  Riley used 49 last year, so we should have 62 available for this year.  The trick is knowing how many they've actually used.  There could be around 8 official visits left for the spring game, but only someone in NU's athletic dept. could really answer this for sure.

Just now, HS_Coach_C said:

It's hard to say what our official count is as there were several who took unofficial visits.  One site I looked at had us at 54, one had us at 57.  Each academic year they are allowed 56, but if they didn't use all of them in one year, then up to 6 extra can be used the following academic year.  Riley used 49 last year, so we should have 62 available for this year.  The trick is knowing how many they've actually used.  There could be around 8 official visits left for the spring game, but only someone in NU's athletic dept. could really answer this for sure.

Agree with it being tough to know for sure.  247 shows we've used 54HOL shows 57.  Not sure where the discrepancy is or why even HOL - who are reporting two left - doesn't agree with the number.

I've got to think we go after a JUCO DT, JUCO OT, and maybe a JUCO CB for next class.  Obviously they haven't even gotten to spring ball, but from just looking at the roster right now, these look like areas that the team might need immediate impact players next year.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a grad transfer or two either.

I have no doubt this staff will line up tons of offensive skill players.  I want to see what they can do in the trenches with a full recruiting cycle.

On 2/5/2018 at 8:27 AM, Mavric said:

Agree with it being tough to know for sure.  247 shows we've used 54HOL shows 57.  Not sure where the discrepancy is or why even HOL - who are reporting two left - doesn't agree with the number.

Frost said during his presser that there were 2 OV's left (was guessing) in case they needed them later.  I would assume for a transfer possibility.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***