*** 2019 Recruiting ***

23 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I've said since the beginning for specified college offenses like Frost's the star rating is less meaningful. Of course you don't want a team full of 2/3 stars, but the Pro Style kids out of HS get way more attention. We are locking up the local talent now, and will get a few big names once OV's hit this fall for live games. Take a deep breath boys it's only June. 

I agree completely about the star ratings. A system like Frost can take a 3 star kid that has the raw talent and speed equal to a 5 star kid. He may not be as polished as the 5 star kid, thus why he is a 3 star- but Frost's system doesnt need them as polished. He just needs that raw talent and speed and put it in space and let it work. Teams with a more pro style system need that polished kid for their structured system.

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree completely about the star ratings. A system like Frost can take a 3 star kid that has the raw talent and speed equal to a 5 star kid. He may not be as polished as the 5 star kid, thus why he is a 3 star- but Frost's system doesnt need them as polished. He just needs that raw talent and speed and put it in space and let it work. Teams with a more pro style system need that polished kid for their structured system.

Edit: Nvrm don't wanna go down that road. 

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Is the overly dramatic commitment video era over?  I haven't seen one of the recruiting services tweet one out in quite some time.

41 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think after some of these kids committed to like 3 different schools it lost its luster.

36 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I was thinking the same.  And hopefully that is the case

I think we were wrapped up in our crap season and the quest to get HC Scott Frost, so we just weren't seeing the video commits. I suspect they'll be back in force as signing day gets closer.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***