*** 2019 Recruiting ***

14 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Completely agree. I know they take time to analyze the results to determine if certain questions were worded poorly and missed by a majority of test takers. They will sometimes throw those out then, but it still shouldn't take more than a day or two.

The ACT has an essay portion that is manually graded by two graders. Combine that with the sheer amount of kids that take it at once and it will take some time to get it done. Even if that is only a day or two for a given kid,  I think they are trying to get everyone their results at the same time so they don't have to deal with a constant barrage of questions from people wondering if theirs had been done yet.

@Mavric I'm not convinced the two recruits that aren't on campus make it either although it sounds like they're committed to Washington no matter what.

Got any guesses as to who it might be?

It's hard for me to imagine Gebbia staying if he's not the starter. 

I could see some guys that just aren't going to get any playing time being given 'the talk' as well

Just now, macroboy said:

@Mavric I'm not convinced the two recruits that aren't on campus make it either although it sounds like they're committed to Washington no matter what.

Got any guesses as to who it might be?

It's hard for me to imagine Gebbia staying if he's not the starter. 

I could see some guys that just aren't going to get any playing time being given 'the talk' as well

Yeah, that is also true about the two other guys.  I'd like to be more confident in Washington but I'm not holding my breath.  I guess I don't really have a feeling one way or the other about Watt.  Nate Close said yesterday morning (before Canty's announcement) that he thought all three would make it but 2 out of 3 was a safe bet.  So even he doesn't have any real idea.

If I had to speculate about other early departures, Jalin Barnett would be at the top of the list.  I don't see him ever contributing.  And there would be a couple other guys who might not come back for a fifth year if they're not really  in the mix this year (Neal, Ferguson, Alex Davis and Avery Anderson would be in that group).  I think some of those guys WILL be in the mix this year but if it ends up not working out, they wouldn't surprise me.  Then you'd be to the younger guys who don't like how the depth chart is shaking out.  Pernell Jefferson (though we'll need some ILBs), Quayshon Alexander, Tony Butler, Marquel Dismuke and Gebbia could be in that category.  Plus there always seems to be a couple guys who you'd think would have time to work their way up but jump ship early.

Obviously I hope things work out for most of the guys I just listed.  But I'm sure it won't for all of them.

Avery Anderson is perplexing to me. Kids looked legit as a recruit.

Barnett makes sense.

I thought Dismuke was one of the few guys in our D last year that looked willing to hit people but it is so hard to tell anything from last year's D.

TBH I'm for as much turnover as possible in these first couple classes.

With the talk of not having to sit out a year, or if Gebbia transfers out he could apply for immediate eligibility like Tanner Lee, or he could be on a fast track to graduate in 3-3.5 years and grad transfer out.

I have no insider knowledge or preference one way or the other, but just throwing out possibilities. 

5 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Dismuke is on the cusp of starting. I imagine he will stay.

From what I'm told on the "buy in" we are on the "cusp" of a National Championship.  We win it all next year ... at least that is what the red kool-aid folks seem to say.  :-) 

I'm all :bigredn: on Frost ... just a bit more realistic on the timeline and how all this relates to recruiting and building back the OL's and DL's.  I've bought the stock and will carry it long term.  I'm glad I have him in my portfolio.  I think I'll like the return on investment and expect a 12-15% return annually and can see this stock being the next Google or Amazon.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BigRedN said:

From what I'm told on the "buy in" we are on the "cusp" of a National Championship.  We win it all next year ... at least that is what the red kool-aid folks seem to say.  :-) 

I'm all :bigredn: on Frost ... just a bit more realistic on the timeline and how all this relates to recruiting and building back the OL's and DL's.  I've bought the stock and will carry it long term.  I'm glad I have him in my portfolio.  I think I'll like the return on investment and expect a 12-15% return annually and can see this stock being the next Google or Amazon.

What

• Plus1 5
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***