*** 2019 Recruiting ***

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, with Newsom, we have <9 spots left.  

I'm wondering how quickly those spots will fill.  Will the staff be very selective going through the season on who they take?  Will we only have a few spots left after the December signing date?

I have to imagine we’re in the market for more than 25, otherwise they wouldn’t have over half the class filled before fall camp is even in full swing.

imo

1 minute ago, ADS said:

I have to imagine we’re in the market for more than 25, otherwise they wouldn’t have over half the class filled before fall camp is even in full swing.

imo

Any idea if we have any transfers we are expecting. Like are we expecting another 4-5 guys leave by end of fall camp? What are our current numbers? Now that washington is here and assuming watt is good to go.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is an extremely good sign for the future recruiting if Frost and Company can have a decent enough season to keep the momentum going into next off season.

Kids obviously really want to come play for them.

Agree with this.  If we can get 8 wins this year, I think kids will be showing up in droves.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, with Newsom, we have <9 spots left.  

I'm wondering how quickly those spots will fill.  Will the staff be very selective going through the season on who they take?  Will we only have a few spots left after the December signing date?

I would say they'll be pretty picky going forward.  I think they have a really good foundation of the class - local kids, high-three stars who are on rosters of other schools and positions of need.  

We are set at QB and most of our other positions are down to about one spots left so we can afford to be picky.  Probably one more Duck-R, one more WR, one more OT (or possible a JUCO plus a HS) and one more interior OL.  On defense, probably a HS DT, one more DE and one more LB.  The only place we still have quite a bit of work to do is DB.  But other than that, I think we can go after the big fish.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Any idea if we have any transfers we are expecting. Like are we expecting another 4-5 guys leave by end of fall camp? What are our current numbers? Now that washington is here and assuming watt is good to go.

There are pretty much always 2-3 guys who leave for one reason or another.  Might be a couple more as they are still working through adjusting to a new coaching staff.

Right now we have 16 commits and could take at least five more.  But apparently the coaches can plan on having the attrition so they could be planning on 8-10 more.  Most of the speculation I've seen from recruiting guys says plan on 25 so 9-10 spots seems pretty likely.  Maybe even 1-2 more than that.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***