*** 2019 Recruiting ***

54 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Agree with this.  If we can get 8 wins this year, I think kids will be showing up in droves.

I would say they'll be pretty picky going forward.  I think they have a really good foundation of the class - local kids, high-three stars who are on rosters of other schools and positions of need.  

We are set at QB and most of our other positions are down to about one spots left so we can afford to be picky.  Probably one more Duck-R, one more WR, one more OT (or possible a JUCO plus a HS) and one more interior OL.  On defense, probably a HS DT, one more DE and one more LB.  The only place we still have quite a bit of work to do is DB.  But other than that, I think we can go after the big fish.

Mr. Tim Beck please know that we have a TE spot to fill and yes it still does exist.

-Husker Nation

:sarcasm

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just having some fun this afternoon.

If we add TE Hickman, WR Williams and SDE Robinson, our class rank moves up to 18th with 19 spots filled and possibly 6 more.

From what I'm gathering, we have at least a decent shot with all three of these.

So knowing we will probably be finishing out the class with some higher rated guys now that we have our baseline in place. Lets assume those final 6 spots are all rated around 88. Knowing we will probably get a few guys in the 90s. Roughly what would that put us if we pull down 6 more guys around 88 after those 3 you mentioned?

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So knowing we will probably be finishing out the class with some higher rated guys now that we have our baseline in place. Lets assume those final 6 spots are all rated around 88. Knowing we will probably get a few guys in the 90s. Roughly what would that put us if we pull down 6 more guys around 88 after those 3 you mentioned?

Looking at the average rating for teams last year in the final ranking, that would put us somewhere around the 17-19 range.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Looking at the average rating for teams last year in the final ranking, that would put us somewhere around the 17-19 range.

So if we land 3 guys in the 90s and the other 3 are upper 80s. Its not out of the realm of possibility we could be close to a top 15 class this year. Especially if we push into the 26 or 27 commits range which sounds like the high end of the class size.

23 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So if we land 3 guys in the 90s and the other 3 are upper 80s. Its not out of the realm of possibility we could be close to a top 15 class this year. Especially if we push into the 26 or 27 commits range which sounds like the high end of the class size.

Not really if we end up with 25.  We would need to get up around the 27-28 range with mid 90s players to move into the top 15.  Of course, this is really hard to project because you really don't know where other teams are going to end up and I'm assuming a lot in those calculations.

I was just curious if you take out the stars/ratings and look directly at the offer list for each recruit who would be our highest guy? Most times these correlate together -- proximity to certain schools can help/hurt their cause as well. The place next to their name is their ratings rank for us. Thompkins has the best offer list thus far

1. Ronald Thompkins RB: Ronald Thompkins (4th)
  2. Jackson Hannah LB: Jackson Hannah (6th)
  3. Quinton Newsome CB: Quinton Newsome (8th)
  4. Nick Henrich LB: Nick Henrich (1st)
  5. Luke McCaffrey QB: Luke McCaffrey (2nd)

Desmond Bland (3rd)

Rahmir Johnson (5th)

• Plus1 2

22 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I was just curious if you take out the stars/ratings and look directly at the offer list for each recruit who would be our highest guy? Most times these correlate together -- proximity to certain schools can help/hurt their cause as well. The place next to their name is their ratings rank for us. Thompkins has the best offer list thus far

1. Ronald Thompkins RB: Ronald Thompkins (4th)
  2. Jackson Hannah LB: Jackson Hannah (6th)
  3. Quinton Newsome CB: Quinton Newsome (8th)
  4. Nick Henrich LB: Nick Henrich (1st)
  5. Luke McCaffrey QB: Luke McCaffrey (2nd)

Desmond Bland (3rd)

Rahmir Johnson (5th)

How do you go about rating the offer list?

Just now, BIG ERN said:

A rating scale from 1-5 on schools who I feel are 'big' offers 

Just curious because I almost feel Newsome has the best offer list just based off of schools on his 247 profile but your method seems legit. Also its unclear how commitable Newsomes offers were. Good stuff!

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***