*** 2019 Recruiting ***

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be much more concerned if we were not seeing active efforts from the coaches to fix the problems.  We are 0-4.  If Frost and Co were just giving coach speak, no changes to starting line ups....and acting like it's not that big of a deal, then recruits would not be that excited to come play for him.  However, we are seeing actions by the coaching staff and passion to get it fixed.  That tells recruits that if I come, eventually, I probably will be playing for a winner AND have a chance at early playing time if I work my ass off and prove I'm better.

I agree. He even gave the guys a chance to correct their mistakes. He didnt pull them after 1 or 2 mistakes. He pulled those guys after they showed an inability to stop making the same mistakes.

• Plus1 2

17 commits right now.  24 open spots plus however many over-signs.  I continue to see speculation that we'll sign 28-29.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEMarcus Washington, Wandale Robinson
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3-4 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, MICHAEL LYNN, Bryce Benhart, Dohnovan West, Darien Chase
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLAND

NT - 1-2 - JUCO TONY FAIR
DE - 2-3 - ETHAN PIPERMOSAI NEWSOM, Ty Robinson, Brant Banks
LB - 4-5 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, NICK HENRICH
CB - 2 - QUINTON NEWSOME, Javin Wright, Tavian Mayo, Jarrad Baker
S - 2 - Jamel Starks, Noa Pola-Gates, Josh SanguinettiKenny Logan

ATH - Zay Flowers

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Crootin' is slow. I don't like it. 

Crootin' is fairly slow for everyone.  Pretty much how it goes the first half of the season.  Guys who know where they wanted to go committed during the summer.  Most everyone else is going to take their visits and decide later.

The biggest thing that hurts is our lack of home games this month.  Plus Minnesota is an early kickoff so that hurts as well.  

20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Crootin' is fairly slow for everyone.  Pretty much how it goes the first half of the season.  Guys who know where they wanted to go committed during the summer.  Most everyone else is going to take their visits and decide later.

The biggest thing that hurts is our lack of home games this month.  Plus Minnesota is an early kickoff so that hurts as well.  

2:30 PM is considered early now?? How old are you Mav!!!

• Fire 1
28 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Is highschool football wrapped up by the time we play MN? I honestly cant remember... just wondering if things are wrapping up then kids can fly out Friday

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Is highschool football wrapped up by the time we play MN? I honestly cant remember... just wondering if things are wrapping up then kids can fly out Friday

I doubt it in most places. Especially since most recruits we are after are usually on pretty good teams that win a couple games in the playoffs at least.

Most times we get lucky and it's a bye week or something like that.

2:30 start time opens some doors though.

I would expect our Michigan State visitors list to be stacked.

• Plus1 1