*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Starting potentially as early as next week staff is considering sending coaches out on road recruiting latter part of week. Doesn't sound like they'll miss practice, they'll just be pulling long hours. 

With exception of the Bethune game, there is talk of coaches potentially missing practice to recruit that week. 

This all tells me they don't like where we are at recruiting right now, and I agree. 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Starting potentially as early as next week staff is considering sending coaches out on road recruiting latter part of week. Doesn't sound like they'll miss practice, they'll just be pulling long hours. 

With exception of the Bethune game, there is talk of coaches potentially missing practice to recruit that week. 

This all tells me they don't like where we are at recruiting right now, and I agree. 

If they fail, it won't be because of lack of effort.

1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

Held was down vising the Kansas JUCOs during the week last week.  Not sure if he missed any practice but I would think he could have left after practice and got to a couple that afternoon.

At this point I recruit the hell out of pass rushers and OL.  I don't even want to see a WR, scat back, RB until will have some OL and DE recruits we can get behind.  We are losing games at the line of scrimmage.  When was the last time our OL and DL played well in the same game?  There is the reason we are riding a losing streak.  

• Fire 1
On 10/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, chamrocck said:

At this point I recruit the hell out of pass rushers and OL.  I don't even want to see a WR, scat back, RB until will have some OL and DE recruits we can get behind.  We are losing games at the line of scrimmage.  When was the last time our OL and DL played well in the same game?  There is the reason we are riding a losing streak.  

You recruit the hell out of every position we have a need for because if we dont then this s#!t happens again in a few years at another position because we didnt recruit that position or whatever other position we have a need for and now were struggling with depth. 

We have 2 senior RBs leaving. 1 transfer already. A walk on is third string. With receiver we have 1 senior. A transfer already. A true frosh walk-on is starting. Id say WR/RB are also positions of need. You cant just bring in 15 OL/DL recruits just because your current stock isnt any good. 

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

You recruit the hell out of every position we have a need for because if we dont then this s#!t happens again in a few years at another position because we didnt recruit that position or whatever other position we have a need for and now were struggling with depth. 

We have 2 senior RBs leaving. 1 transfer already. A walk on is third string. With receiver we have 1 senior. A transfer already. A true frosh walk-on is starting. Id say WR/RB are also positions of need. You cant just bring in 15 OL/DL recruits just because your current stock isnt any good. 

Agree.

You can bring in 15 walk-on O-linemen from Nebraska and hopefully find a gem or two though.  I think roster management will be just fine under Frost, he just needs a little time.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, chamrocck said:

Well....good thing you aren’t our recruiting coordinator. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/6/2018 at 10:58 AM, Mavric said:

17 commits right now.  24 open spots plus however many over-signs.  I continue to see speculation that we'll sign 28-29.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS
WR - 2-3 - JAMIE NANCEMarcus Washington, Wandale Robinson
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3-4 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, MICHAEL LYNN, Bryce Benhart, Dohnovan West, Darien Chase
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLAND

NT - 1-2 - JUCO TONY FAIR
DE - 2-3 - ETHAN PIPERMOSAI NEWSOM, Ty Robinson, Brant Banks
LB - 4-5 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, NICK HENRICH
CB - 2 - QUINTON NEWSOME, Javin Wright, Tavian Mayo, Jarrad Baker
S - 2 - Jamel Starks, Noa Pola-Gates, Josh SanguinettiKenny Logan

ATH - Zay Flowers

I am going to rank which players we need and in what order. This doesn't mean we land them but this is a good idea of what we need. I will name 10 of them.

1. Benhart- speaks for itself, we need a gamechanger at OT

2. Wandale Robinson- we could use his talent as he will be an instant impact player

3. Ty Robinson- we need a solid D-lineman, can't let USC steal this one from us

4. Lloyd Summeral/OLB- If we don't get Robinson we need to be in this guys ear. Probably doesn't leave the South but Sean Beckton has ties to this area so we shall see. Replace him with an OLB if we get Robinson.

5. Marcus Washington- need to get these kinds of athletes on the field. A solid receiver in an area where we need to get players of this caliber

6. Jalani Williams/Josh Sanguinetti- Need to get a great safety in this class because we lose three of them that play meaningful snaps.

7. Darien Chase- we say we are recruiting him as a WR but my bet is he moves to CB. Instant impact player in my opinion. Don't know why he is an OT up there. 

8. Javin Wright- Needed for us to add depth at a position of need.

9. Donovan West/JuCo OT- We need to add one or two more at this position because we are thin.

10. Brant Banks-could really use his size and he could play either side. My bet is he moves to OT but we need D-lineman in a bad way. 

We could also use another safety/CB hybrid to add to the class. We are definitely getting to 27 at the minimum in this class. My bet is 29 because we need to upgrade at certain spots. Look for a couple JuCos if we do not land our top targets. Six and up are interchangeable in my mind.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

I am going to rank which players we need and in what order. This doesn't mean we land them but this is a good idea of what we need. I will name 10 of them.

1. Benhart- speaks for itself, we need a gamechanger at OT

2. Wandale Robinson- we could use his talent as he will be an instant impact player

3. Ty Robinson- we need a solid D-lineman, can't let USC steal this one from us

4. Lloyd Summeral/OLB- If we don't get Robinson we need to be in this guys ear. Probably doesn't leave the South but Sean Beckton has ties to this area so we shall see. Replace him with an OLB if we get Robinson.

5. Marcus Washington- need to get these kinds of athletes on the field. A solid receiver in an area where we need to get players of this caliber

6. Jalani Williams/Josh Sanguinetti- Need to get a great safety in this class because we lose three of them that play meaningful snaps.

7. Darien Chase- we say we are recruiting him as a WR but my bet is he moves to CB. Instant impact player in my opinion. Don't know why he is an OT up there. 

8. Javin Wright- Needed for us to add depth at a position of need.

9. Donovan West/JuCo OT- We need to add one or two more at this position because we are thin.

10. Brant Banks-could really use his size and he could play either side. My bet is he moves to OT but we need D-lineman in a bad way. 

We could also use another safety/CB hybrid to add to the class. We are definitely getting to 27 at the minimum in this class. My bet is 29 because we need to upgrade at certain spots. Look for a couple JuCos if we do not land our top targets. Six and up are interchangeable in my mind.

Anyone have guesses for how many of those guys we actually land? Benhart, Wandale, and Chase are favorites of mine.