*** 2019 Recruiting ***

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Frost said recruiting is going very well right now. I would assume we either got a lot of good feedback after the weekend or perhaps we got a few commitments? I think Wandale Robinson is one of them, maybe Benhart.

I think we can tentatively pencil in both of those guys. Still waiting on the recruiting updates from the weekend to start coming in. I imagine we will get them soon now that schools getting out for the day. 

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Frost said recruiting is going very well right now. I would assume we either got a lot of good feedback after the weekend or perhaps we got a few commitments? I think Wandale Robinson is one of them, maybe Benhart.

I just don't think we need to play that game anymore. No worries about silent commitments. Let's just focus on guys who verbally commit and wait until they do so.  It's such a slippery slope.

I'm sure it just meant exactly what he said. Things are going very well and feedback was excellent from the recruits that were there (which he said).

5 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

I think we can tentatively pencil in both of those guys. Still waiting on the recruiting updates from the weekend to start coming in. I imagine we will get them soon now that schools getting out for the day. 

I think we got recruiting updates from most of the guys, besides Benhart. Benhart usually goes through Waldo or no one.  It doesn't help that Schaefer is in Vegas and the other 247 guys don't have near the clout in the recruiting portion of the site.

I do think that after going home and stewing on it, Benhart might commit tonight though.

Just now, ScottyIce said:

I think we got recruiting updates from most of the guys, besides Benhart. Benhart usually goes through Waldo or no one.  It doesn't help that Schaefer is in Vegas and the other 247 guys don't have near the clout in the recruiting portion of the site.

I thought you were Mr. Hypothetical and Mr. Speculate?

21 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's going to be interesting if they can do it.

For comparison sake, no team in the 2018 recruiting cycle in the Top 20 had fewer than 7 4-star commits.  Currently, only 3 teams in the Top 20 for 2019 have fewer than 7.  Nebraska currently has 4.

(247 Composite was used for rankings)

If you add Wandale Robinson, Benhart and Gates, who are all 4 star, that gets us roughly to 21st ranked class as things stand right now.  Other teams are going to add players too.

What would probably push us over the top is to get these players (and possibly a couple more 4*s wouldn't hurt)  PLUS....have a class upwards towards 30 recruits.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If you add Wandale Robinson, Benhart and Gates, who are all 4 star, that gets us roughly to 21st ranked class as things stand right now.  Other teams are going to add players too.

What would probably push us over the top is to get these players (and possibly a couple more 4*s wouldn't hurt)  PLUS....have a class upwards towards 30 recruits.

I believe 247 counts only the top 20 or 25 players in a class.  So if we were to sign 30, 5-10 of them wouldn't count.

But the main point was that 7 4-star players appears to be the line that separates Top 20 and everyone else.

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

But the main point was that 7 4-star players appears to be the line that separates Top 20 and everyone else.

Now that you mention it, I do remember something like that with 247.

However, my point stands that, as it appears now, we will need to do more than 7 4*s to get into the top 20.  It may be that we add enough high 3*s to go along with them that it bumps up the rankings of our top 20 or 25 players (whatever 247 uses).