*** 2019 Recruiting ***

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now that you mention it, I do remember something like that with 247.

However, my point stands that, as it appears now, we will need to do more than 7 4*s to get into the top 20.  It may be that we add enough high 3*s to go along with them that it bumps up the rankings of our top 20 or 25 players (whatever 247 uses).

Correct.  getting higher 3 star rated players to go with the perceived 7 4-stars could put us in the top 20 because it would drop our lowest rated players off of the team rankings if we exceed their maximum number

5 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I believe 247 counts only the top 20 or 25 players in a class.  So if we were to sign 30, 5-10 of them wouldn't count.

But the main point was that 7 4-star players appears to be the line that separates Top 20 and everyone else.

Rivals only counts the top 20.

247 has some sort of algorithm they run where your highest-ranked player counts the most and your lowest-ranked player counts the least.  So they all count in 247 but it's not linear with how many commits you have.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Rivals only counts the top 20.

247 has some sort of algorithm they run where your highest-ranked player counts the most and your lowest-ranked player counts the least.  So they all count in 247 but it's not linear with how many commits you have.

Ah that’s it.  I thought Rivals did the point thing and 247 did the 20. 

On 10/22/2018 at 1:13 PM, ScottyIce said:

I'm not positive what you are saying, and I'm not re-reading it..but...

Robinson, Robinson, Benhart are all 3 composite 4-stars. I believe Darien Chase is close to a composite 4-star.

I feel like we have very, very realistic chances with all 4 of them.

I'm also pretty positive that Frost will be able to scour through some other team's recruits after coaches get fired, etc. at the end of the year. This class is going to be quite solid it appears.

Wandale and whom is this second Robinson you speak of?

On 10/24/2018 at 3:01 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

It appears we are trending for 4- 4 star commitments. That would be a huge boost to our class. 

Markquese Bell- Safety- no word on commitment timeframe

Bryce Benhart- OT- no word on commitment timeframe

Wandale Robinson- RB/WR- commits 11/1

Darian Chase- WR- commits tomorrow

So I only follow recruiting on this board. But i went over the 24/7 site and looked at the class rankings.  I found the class calculator, which is pretty cool. Our class score is 210 which currently sits 24 in the country. I put in Robinson, Benhart and Bell to see what the score would be and it jumped Nebraska to a score of 224 which would only move us up to 21.  This is assuming schools ahead don't get any more highly rated guys.  

Since I am not well-versed in the recruiting rankings, it is reasonable to believe that even IF Nebraska goes 4/4 on the 4-stars we will likely be at roughly 19 - 22 range class rankings?

5 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

So I only follow recruiting on this board. But i went over the 24/7 site and looked at the class rankings.  I found the class calculator, which is pretty cool. Our class score is 210 which currently sits 24 in the country. I put in Robinson, Benhart and Bell to see what the score would be and it jumped Nebraska to a score of 224 which would only move us up to 21.  This is assuming schools ahead don't get any more highly rated guys.  

Since I am not well-versed in the recruiting rankings, it is reasonable to believe that even IF Nebraska goes 4/4 on the 4-stars we will likely be at roughly 19 - 22 range class rankings?

Yeah that’s pretty reasonable.  We won’t crack the top 15, but a top 20 class is definitely in reach.  Noa would put it close to top 15.

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

I played with the calculator the other day adding guys as I see it working out (as of right now) and came up with 226. If I remember correctly that would have put us at 22/23ish last year in final rankings.