*** 2019 Recruiting ***

20 commits right now.  24 open spots plus however many over-signs.  Word is we are taking 30 - though a couple might be grad transfers.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCE, DARIEN CHASEZay FlowersJarrad Baker
TE - 1-2 - CHRIS HICKMAN, Skylar Loving-Black
OT - 4-5 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, MICHAEL LYNN, BRYCE BENHART, JUCO Keenan Walker, JUCO Myron Cunningham
OG/C - 1-2 - JUCO DESMOND BLAND

NT - 1-2 - JUCO TONY FAIR
DE - 3-4 - ETHAN PIPERMOSAI NEWSOM, Ty Robinson, Brant Banks
ILB - 2-3 - JACKSON HANNAH, NICK HENRICH

OLB - 2-3 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, GARRETT NELSON, JUCO Dru Mathis

CB - 2-3 - QUINTON NEWSOME, JAVIN WRIGHT, Tavian Mayo, Myles Bell
S - 2 - Jamel Starks, Noa Pola-Gates, Josh SanguinettiJUCO Markquese Bell

Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, Mills, Nance, Hickman, Bland, Fair, Nelson

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I suppose they just think they have some guys in Jaimes, Farniok, Gaylord, Benhart, Anderson, Lynn.

That is the most likely explanation.

Jaimes seems to have us in good shape.  But Farniok has always been kind of a tweener who would probably be better at guard.  Gaylord (and Sichterman) haven't really shown much from what we've been able to see in the spring game and second half vs. B-C plus what they coaches have apparently seen in practice.  After that, you're counting on guys who aren't even signed yet, let alone here.

I was really hoping to be able to slide Farniok to guard.  If you had Jaimes, a JUCO and Benhart (plus Anderson, Lynn, Gaylord and Sichterman) at tackle that would look better to me.  Then you have Wilson, Farniok and Bland/Hixon/Rairdon/Jurgens on the inside.

57 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That is the most likely explanation.

Jaimes seems to have us in good shape.  But Farniok has always been kind of a tweener who would probably be better at guard.  Gaylord (and Sichterman) haven't really shown much from what we've been able to see in the spring game and second half vs. B-C plus what they coaches have apparently seen in practice.  After that, you're counting on guys who aren't even signed yet, let alone here.

I was really hoping to be able to slide Farniok to guard.  If you had Jaimes, a JUCO and Benhart (plus Anderson, Lynn, Gaylord and Sichterman) at tackle that would look better to me.  Then you have Wilson, Farniok and Bland/Hixon/Rairdon/Jurgens on the inside.

Yeah, I don't disagree.

I know you're not discounting this, but it's easy to forget a lot of those guys are still quite young and haven't had that much time in our S&C Program. Development sure feels like it is happening in our program.

10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Wonder what is up with Brent Banks?

247 thought he was a lock to commit on his last visit. I wonder if he was an IF guy.  He seems like a good option for us, as he seems like he could play OL or DL.

Doesn’t he look like a guy who has a long way to go S&C wise? Looked really slight to me like a basketball player

When do transfers happen usually? I was just thinking if we are going to be under the 85 limit still after early signing and regular signing in february. Once all the firings happen in early december etc. Plus the new wave of kids just leaving because they dont like their situation. I wonder how many transfers in the off season we could expect. That could help us out on some instant impact players. We know Maryland kids will be bolting. But I am sure plenty of other schools will have kids leave too.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, The Murphinator said:

There is a RB from Missouri that I think the staff should go after. He is fast and shifty and can split out wide and player receiver. I will put his hudl and profile on here and see what you guys think.

Nathaniel Peat

https://247sports.com/Player/Nathaniel-Peat-45572998

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7333117/Nathaniel-Peat

Wow! I just checked up on this guy and saw that he was committed to Stanford. I really had a good evaluation of him early on. He would have been a perfect Duck-R in this offense.

20 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

It was my understanding that the coaches want to take just enough players in 2019 to ensure a max 25 for next year.  Of course this is probably very fluid but it seems to make the most sense.

I'm thinking they pursue the graduate transfer market for a couple spots as well to make this a reality. 

45 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Yes- hopefully a grad transfer kicker or punter! 

We have our kicker for four years and Armstrong will be solid for next year.

We need a grad-transfer rushing OLB. Tannor needs to get up to speed and hopefully, Guy Thomas steps up as well. And we need another young one to develop or potentially play right away. 

A grad transfer receiver or o-lineman/d-lineman/safety may not be bad either.