*** 2019 Recruiting ***

9 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

We have our kicker for four years and Armstrong will be solid for next year.

We need a grad-transfer rushing OLB. Tannor needs to get up to speed and hopefully, Guy Thomas steps up as well. And we need another young one to develop or potentially play right away. 

A grad transfer receiver or o-lineman/d-lineman/safety may not be bad either. 

Armstrong ok, kicker I’m not sold. Can he make a FG past 35 yds? 

11 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

We have our kicker for four years and Armstrong will be solid for next year.

We need a grad-transfer rushing OLB. Tannor needs to get up to speed and hopefully, Guy Thomas steps up as well. And we need another young one to develop or potentially play right away. 

A grad transfer receiver or o-lineman/d-lineman/safety may not be bad either. 

An impact player at WR seems like a key transfer target. Less JD, I'm not sure we have many special play makers coming back next year. Hopefully Miles Jones keeps coming along. 

Curious to see if we make a run at a JUCO DE, we kind of get thin in a hurry after next year. 

Malcolm Lee seems to make sense, but the contact has been minimal. Recently named Texas (no offer but interest really gaining), Iowa, Houston, UCF his 4 finalists.

OV to Texas in Dec.

OV to Iowa for game against us. 

3 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Curious to see if we make a run at a JUCO DE, we kind of get thin in a hurry after next year. 

Malcolm Lee seems to make sense, but the contact has been minimal. Recently named Texas (no offer but interest really gaining), Iowa, Houston, UCF his 4 finalists.

OV to Texas in Dec.

OV to Iowa for game against us. 

I guess I'm not seeing that.  After next year we have:

Sr - Stille, Thomas

Jr - Walker

Soph - Wildeman, Rogers

Fr - Piper, Newsom

Plus anyone else we get this year (Robinson?)

Maybe 1-2 of those guys end up at NT but I don't think we're short by any means.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I guess I'm not seeing that.  After next year we have:

Sr - Stille, Thomas

Jr - Walker

Soph - Wildeman, Rogers

Fr - Piper, Newsom

Plus anyone else we get this year (Robinson?)

Maybe 1-2 of those guys end up at NT but I don't think we're short by any means.

Stille & Thomas = good.

Walker = Not sure he's bringing much. Hasn't been mentioned by coaches all year and looked bad in what time he did get vs Bethune. Hope I'm wrong but don't see him making an impact. 

Wildeman & Rodgers = Hopeful for both, but neither has even played a down yet. Not to mention both suffered semi-major injuries that will keep them from practicing this fall. High on both, just not sure if I'm that high that quick. 

Piper & Newsom = Still not sure Piper won't end to on Oline or at NT. Newsome looks like a development guy, is he ready as a RsFr? I'd put Garrett Nelson in that boat too as I still believe he grows into DE. He's Ben Stille 2.0, not Luke Gifford 2.0 (stole that from Twitter).

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Warrior10 said:

Stille & Thomas = good.

Walker = Not sure he's bringing much. Hasn't been mentioned by coaches all year and looked bad in what time he did get vs Bethune. Hope I'm wrong but don't see him making an impact. 

Wildeman & Rodgers = Hopeful for both, but neither has even played a down yet. Not to mention both suffered semi-major injuries that will keep them from practicing this fall. High on both, just not sure if I'm that high that quick. 

Piper & Newsom = Still not sure Piper won't end to on Oline or at NT. Newsome looks like a development guy, is he ready as a RsFr? I'd put Garrett Nelson in that boat too as I still believe he grows into DE. He's Ben Stille 2.0, not Luke Gifford 2.0 (stole that from Twitter).

I mean ... we obviously haven't seen much from anyone other than Stille and Thomas becuase the rest of the guys are either young or not even here yet.  It's pretty tough to project two years down the road and start saying that five guys might not be that good yet because we haven't seen anything from them yet.  A big part of the reason we haven't seen anything from them is because we have four upper-classmen this year who are getting all the playing time.  

I haven't seen anything about them looking at JUCO DEs.  I just don't see it happening, unless they happen across an absolute stud.  JUCO OLB looks pretty likely.  Other than that, probably not.  I would have thought JUCO OT but it sounds like they've cooled on that idea.

We still have Davis, Davis and Neal for next year plus Stille and Thomas.  If they don't like how the younger guys are looking 10 months from now they might be in the JUCO market.  But not at this point.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... we obviously haven't seen much from anyone other than Stille and Thomas becuase the rest of the guys are either young or not even here yet.  It's pretty tough to project two years down the road and start saying that five guys might not be that good yet because we haven't seen anything from them yet.  A big part of the reason we haven't seen anything from them is because we have four upper-classmen this year who are getting all the playing time.  

I haven't seen anything about them looking at JUCO DEs.  I just don't see it happening, unless they happen across an absolute stud.  JUCO OLB looks pretty likely.  Other than that, probably not.  I would have thought JUCO OT but it sounds like they've cooled on that idea.

We still have Davis, Davis and Neal for next year plus Stille and Thomas.  If they don't like how the younger guys are looking 10 months from now they might be in the JUCO market.  But not at this point.

Sure, it's mostly just personal opinions on development. We are rolling 4 guys in and out at DE, would like to keep it that way. Maybe Walker, Newsome, Nelson, Robinson (hopefully) provide that 5th or 6th guy. 

I agree next year is more likely on the JUCO DE, just seems like there are lot of connections with Lee. 

Not thinking we'll take a JUCO ILB? We seem to be talking to a few. 

32 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not thinking we'll take a JUCO ILB? We seem to be talking to a few. 

I guess I'm not sure.  We definitely seem to be interested in JUCO LBs.  I got the impression that we're mainly looking for an edge rusher.  With Barry back next year (plus Weinmaster), Honas and Miller for two more years and Hannah and Heinrich set to show up, I don't think we're really hurting for ILBs. 

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I guess I'm not sure.  We definitely seem to be interested in JUCO LBs.  I got the impression that we're mainly looking for an edge rusher.  With Barry back next year (plus Weinmaster), Honas and Miller for two more years and Hannah and Heinrich set to show up, I don't think we're really hurting for ILBs. 

I was under the impression Caleb Johnson and Dru Mathis were both being recruited as ILB by us, maybe I am off on that. 

Some 1AA kids I wouldn't mind taking for a year....I like to find recruits from all walks. 

Jacksonville St (WR) Josh Pearson - Currently leads the nation in receiving TD. 6'4 kid with length that would be a nice replacement for Stanley 

NW St (WR) Jazz Ferguson - Former LSU commit. Posting some good receiving numbers and is also tall at 6'5 

SDSU (LB) Christian Rozeboom - Always thought he was underrated as a HS player in IA and still doing well 

Wagner (LB) Cam Gill - OLB that can get to the QB, and is top 10 in TFL in the nation currently 

• Plus1 2