*** 2019 Recruiting ***

No one asked me (and I'm a bit late to the party) but here are my thoughts/opinions on the tunnel walk for recruits.

1) Like most Nebraska fans, I love the tunnel walk.

2) I'm not sure it's all that important to most recruits.

3) I don't think the tunnel walk matters at all in big/close games with a good atmosphere. Like 2018 Michigan State, 2016 Oregon, 2015 Michigan State, 2014 Miami etc. The atmosphere for the entire game matters, not the bit before the game starts.

4) However, I do think the tunnel walk helps in bad games against vastly inferior teams like 2018 Bethune-Cookman, 2016 Fresno State, 2015 South Alabama, Illinois most years. In games like that when most fans in attendance expect it to be 45-6 at halftime, the tunnel walk is one of the few times everyone in the stadium is excited and into it.

5) Sure, ideally you'd want them to be there for the start of the game and the tunnel walk. I think that the one-on-one time that a player and his family get with coaches after a game is far more valuable though.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:19 AM, BIG ERN said:

(WR) Jeff Thomas from Miami left the team. Originally from St Louis - kid is a flat out athlete. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jeff-Thomas-35335/high-school-58368/

I would definitely agree we could use a player like him. 

Here is a grad transfer from Arkansas who had a solid 2017 but disappeared in 2018. Honestly, wouldn't mind having him. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4242169/jonathan-nance

Cracking the top 15 in recruiting rankings seems crazy hard. Just for kicks I added in Beason, Ty Robinson, Noa Pola-Gates, Wandale Robinson, Dru Mathis, Markquese Bell, and Jamel Starks. This seems like an unattainably great finish. Even with this perfect storm, that'd currently only get us to number 16 with none of the other schools finishing out their recruiting classes. Crazy.

I mean you can throw in Summeral, Cropper, and Turnage in addition to those above for an insane 31 players and still just barely come in at number 10 with no one else having finished their groups.

27 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Cracking the top 15 in recruiting rankings seems crazy hard. Just for kicks I added in Beason, Ty Robinson, Noa Pola-Gates, Wandale Robinson, Dru Mathis, Markquese Bell, and Jamel Starks. This seems like an unattainably great finish. Even with this perfect storm, that'd currently only get us to number 16 with none of the other schools finishing out their recruiting classes. Crazy.

I mean you can throw in Summeral, Cropper, and Turnage in addition to those above for an insane 31 players and still just barely come in at number 10 with no one else having finished their groups.

We'll get there next year with all the five stars Frost will sign.:restore

12 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I would definitely agree we could use a player like him. 

Here is a grad transfer from Arkansas who had a solid 2017 but disappeared in 2018. Honestly, wouldn't mind having him. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4242169/jonathan-nance

5 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

The Nance we have  committed?? As in flip or visit 

See above mastodon.