*** 2019 Recruiting ***

13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Every time I see someone go to a school where I just can't figure out, I'm reminded of the time I almost got talked into joining the army 5 years ago because the lady I met with for 15 minutes was amazing. I.e. maybe Utah (or Washington - I haven't paid attention) has an amazing recruiter.

Also maybe some kids don't really care about having a full stadium of people they don't know watching them.

27 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Assuming we can take 29 now, if we are adding Daniels Grad Transfer. 

21 commits (not counting Bland).

8 spots open.

Need, imo:

2 DE 

1 JUCO OLB

2 WR

2 DB

1 Oline 

Lotta targets with very few spots. 

2 DE- Robinson, bank, vilbert, summerall.... Summerall seem like olb to me

1 JUCO OLB- Barno

2 WR- not sure about WR- most options we have looked at seem to be committed elsewhere at the moment

2 DB-  Pola gates, Mayo, Bell, JUCO:Wallace

1 Oline- Simmons, Fritzsche, James

9 hours ago, AlaSker said:

2 DE- Robinson, bank, vilbert, summerall.... Summerall seem like olb to me

1 JUCO OLB- Barno

2 WR- not sure about WR- most options we have looked at seem to be committed elsewhere at the moment

2 DB-  Pola gates, Mayo, Bell, JUCO:Wallace

1 Oline- Simmons, Fritzsche, James

It would be interesting to know which of those plan to sign in December. 

9 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Assuming we can take 29 now, if we are adding Daniels Grad Transfer. 

21 commits (not counting Bland).

8 spots open.

Need, imo:

2 DE 

1 JUCO OLB

2 WR

2 DB

1 Oline 

Lotta targets with very few spots. 

Will be interesting to see what the numbers are.  With the elder Daniels, we only actually have two open spots now (still counting Bland for now).  And the thinking seems to be that Kade Warner and possibly Isaac Armstrong have earned scholarships.  That means basically for every new commit we take going forward, someone currently on the team is leaving.  

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Will be interesting to see what the numbers are.  With the elder Daniels, we only actually have two open spots now (still counting Bland for now).  And the thinking seems to be that Kade Warner and possibly Isaac Armstrong have earned scholarships.  That means basically for every new commit we take going forward, someone currently on the team is leaving.  

Looking at the roster and here are guys who have been in the program at least 3 years and never saw the field this past year:

Avery Anderson

Christian Gaylord

John Raridon

Pernell Jefferson

Tony Butler

Jaylin Bradley

Quayshon Alexander

43 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Looking at the roster and here are guys who have been in the program at least 3 years and never saw the field this past year:

Avery Anderson

Christian Gaylord

John Raridon

Pernell Jefferson

Tony Butler

Jaylin Bradley

Quayshon Alexander

Raridon and Gaylord played against Michigan, and I think against Bethune Cookman as well. Still potentially guys who could leave, but they haven't completely fallen off the depth chart. Raridon leaving would surprise me - he comes up in the conversations around the strongest guy on the team, and seems like they're just waiting for the consistency to show up. Gaylord is the #2 LT, but if he loses that job in the spring I would understand looking elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Avery Anderson

Christian Gaylord

John Raridon

Pernell Jefferson

Tony Butler

Jaylin Bradley

Quayshon Alexander

Jaylin Bradley is in his second season, redshirt this year.

Avery Anderson has always perplexed me, he was a low 4* coming out behind Eric Lee as the number 1 and 2 players from CO.

Neither of them have panned out particularly well.

23 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Avery Anderson has always perplexed me, he was a low 4* coming out behind Eric Lee as the number 1 and 2 players from CO.

Neither of them have panned out particularly well.

Those two have definitely puzzled me as well.  The best guess I can think of is they played a TON of 7-on-7 in high school and coached by Brian Dawkins so maybe they were really skilled and that helped them get a good rating.  But maybe they are just a step slow athletically so as everyone else caught up with their skills, the couldn't keep up.

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I found this interesting. 

Nebraska has 23 commits.  Average rating of .8805.  (6 4*s)  Ranked 22nd with a score of 227.41

Mississippi State has 22 commits. Average rating of .8805.  (6 4*s)  Ranked 19th with a score of 231.03.

I wonder what is in the equation that would make the scores that much different.

247 team rank

That is odd.

15 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

That is odd.

We have 1 more 3 star recruit than they do do which would bring down the average per recruit for us.  Also, 24/7 is a bit different from other services because they go by the star rating but then also assign individual ratings to the recruit.  So even though the stars might be the same, there might be a 90.10 4 star versus a 89.75 4 star (just an example).