*** 2019 Recruiting ***

On 12/5/2018 at 1:42 PM, jassman24 said:

The formula they use looks to complicatedfor me to figure out, but here it is.

Screenshot_20181205-144050.png

The collection of recruit's individual ratings are summed, but not in a uniform way ( which it looks like many people are assuming).  They are weighted using a Gaussian distribution, which may or may not be more valid.  If 2 teams have the same number of recruits, and an identical average composite rating....they would be equal if the distribution was uniform.  Since it is Gaussian, a team with more highly rated recruits is rewarded more than they are punished for having lower rated recruits.

My best attempt at an explanation.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

The collection of recruit's individual ratings are summed, but not in a uniform way ( which it looks like many people are assuming).  They are weighted using a Gaussian distribution, which may or may not be more valid.  If 2 teams have the same number of recruits, and an identical average composite rating....they would be equal if the distribution was uniform.  Since it is Gaussian, a team with more highly rated recruits is rewarded more than they are punished for having lower rated recruits.

My head hurts.... that’s way to hard to follow. 

11 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Ahh yes, of course the Gaussian distribution system.....

*quickly googles what the f#&% that is*

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yeah, I get that. But isn't he listed as the #2 All-Purpose back in the country? 

(I'm starting to make to big of a deal about Severe's twitter rankings.)

Yeah, I understand what you're getting at.  and Held did help recruit Wandale.  But he looks to be going for true RBs in that list.

12 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

So, if two teams have 20 players and an average of .8805 with team 1 having all 20 rated .8805.....team 2 has a couple players rated .9500 and then appropriate distribution to have the same average....team 2 would have the higher rated class. 

15 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

You only said "Gaussian" to sound fancy.

• Haha 1

My take on who we have left on our big board.

Offense

1 WR Houston and possibly a grad transfer if some young one's transfer

1 RB- Bivens is the only guy we could take imo. Might be given the green light in January depending on the numbers.

1 OL-possibly two with the Bland situation, but if he is good to go we take Fritzsche and we are good here. 

Defense

2-3 DL- Robinson and one more DE with one nose seems to be the consensus here. We need a young nose to go with Piper because he could play either spot on the D-line. 

1-2 LB- We really need an outside linebacker who is ready to go. Could take two if we get someone we just cannot turn down. 

2-3 DB- Probably one safety, one corner, and one hybrid 

I think it will be Gates/Bell, Wallace, and either Mayo or Starks. We do not have room for four at the moment unless we get someone who is a stud. 

It will also depend on who leaves and when. I believe after signing day we will see some people on the team move on. I would assume 4-5 or more could move on after Christmas break. 

• Plus1 2