*** 2019 Recruiting ***

The only commit that I think is a big reach is Michael Lynn. But he has tremendous size and it sounds like he does really well in the run game if nothing else. And I’m willing to trust the staff with him. Also, I appreciate his peer recruiting.

Everyone else seems like a really good fit here and I think we are going to finish this class strong. Excited for the possibilities.

On 12/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, HuskermanMike said:

My take on who we have left on our big board.

Offense

1 WR Houston and possibly a grad transfer if some young one's transfer

1 RB- Bivens is the only guy we could take imo. Might be given the green light in January depending on the numbers.

1 OL-possibly two with the Bland situation, but if he is good to go we take Fritzsche and we are good here. 

Defense

2-3 DL- Robinson and one more DE with one nose seems to be the consensus here. We need a young nose to go with Piper because he could play either spot on the D-line. 

1-2 LB- We really need an outside linebacker who is ready to go. Could take two if we get someone we just cannot turn down. 

2-3 DB- Probably one safety, one corner, and one hybrid 

I think it will be Gates/Bell, Wallace, and either Mayo or Starks. We do not have room for four at the moment unless we get someone who is a stud. 

It will also depend on who leaves and when. I believe after signing day we will see some people on the team move on. I would assume 4-5 or more could move on after Christmas break. 

Ideally, we would love to have all of these guys. However, that may prove to be difficult. Above I had the positions with the numbers and below are the players we will take and I will rate them accordingly.

1. Ty Robinson- must get as he will be a fantastic player and has the family ties here. 

2. Lloyd Summerall- he has game-changing pass rushing ability that we need

3. Noa Pola Gates- Top DB and will be a solid player for us. 

4. Demarion Houston- We need a replacement for Stanley and this guy will just add to the speed we are adding at receiver.

5. Matthew Poa-Malo- A NT that will provide depth and could turn out to be a solid player manning the middle. 

6. John Bivens- A really solid back who would fit well in this offense. We will have to wait till February but I would love to have his talents. 

7. Jamel Starks- great tackler in space and I bet the staff wants him badly.

8. Amare Barno- need this guy if we don't get Sumerall, he will be ready to go immediately. 

9. Tony Wallace, a solid player who is high on us right now. Would love to have his services and someone on here really likes him.

10. Chares Njoku- a big bodied receiver that we are missing currently at the WR position.

11. Tavian Mayo- we will take him if we miss on Starks or Wallace. 

12. Jimmy Fritzsche- This guy will be a project but he has the possibility of being a contributor down the road for us.

13. Brant Banks- Down the list a ways and he would be a solid take on NSD if we have room.

Miscellaneous- Marquese Bell- I am not sure where to put him at this time. Not sure if he is looking around still or what. He would be in the 8-10 range if he was more interested. We shall see. 

If I am missing anyone or you disagree with my take on where players are at feel free to tell me. Note: I am rating players by the best to worst, not by how bad we need them this is the best to worst in my opinion. If we can get 5 or 6 of the top ten we will be solid for this class as we will not be getting all of them. 

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

Ideally, we would love to have all of these guys. However, that may prove to be difficult. Above I had the positions with the numbers and below are the players we will take and I will rate them accordingly.

1. Ty Robinson- must get as he will be a fantastic player and has the family ties here. 

2. Lloyd Summerall- he has game-changing pass rushing ability that we need

3. Noa Pola Gates- Top DB and will be a solid player for us. 

4. Demarion Houston- We need a replacement for Stanley and this guy will just add to the speed we are adding at receiver.

5. Matthew Poa-Malo- A NT that will provide depth and could turn out to be a solid player manning the middle. 

6. John Bivens- A really solid back who would fit well in this offense. We will have to wait till February but I would love to have his talents. 

7. Jamel Starks- great tackler in space and I bet the staff wants him badly.

8. Amare Barno- need this guy if we don't get Sumerall, he will be ready to go immediately. 

9. Tony Wallace, a solid player who is high on us right now. Would love to have his services and someone on here really likes him.

10. Chares Njoku- a big bodied receiver that we are missing currently at the WR position.

11. Tavian Mayo- we will take him if we miss on Starks or Wallace. 

12. Jimmy Fritzsche- This guy will be a project but he has the possibility of being a contributor down the road for us.

13. Brant Banks- Down the list a ways and he would be a solid take on NSD if we have room.

Miscellaneous- Marquese Bell- I am not sure where to put him at this time. Not sure if he is looking around still or what. He would be in the 8-10 range if he was more interested. We shall see. 

If I am missing anyone or you disagree with my take on where players are at feel free to tell me. Note: I am rating players by the best to worst, not by how bad we need them this is the best to worst in my opinion. If we can get 5 or 6 of the top ten we will be solid for this class as we will not be getting all of them. 

Datona Jackson possibly

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

We have 22 commits right now. How many of them are planning on signing next week? Does anyone have any idea, or are we going to have to wait and see? I know that not all of them are planning on enrolling right away, but I hope they all sign at least.

As far as I know, the plan is for all of them to sign except Blank (I think) because he won't graduate until May so they are going to have him wait.

• Plus1 1
On 11/30/2018 at 12:07 AM, Mavric said:

Sprint to the finish.  22 commits right now.  25 open spots plus however many over-signs.  Word is we are taking 30 - though a couple might be grad transfers.  Maybe a spot or two for walk-ons as well.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEDARIEN CHASE, WANDALE ROBINSON
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 2-3 - MATTHEW ANDERSONBRYCE BENHART, Jimmy Fritzsche
OG/C - 1-2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMICHAEL LYNN

NT - 0-1 - 
DE - 3-4 - ETHAN PIPER, MOSAI NEWSOMTy RobinsonBrant Banks
ILB - 2-3 - JACKSON HANNAHNICK HENRICHGARRETT SNODGRASS

OLB - 2-3 - GARRETT NELSON, JAMIN GRAHAMJUCO Dru Mathis, Lloyd Summerall, JUCO Amare Barno

CB - 2-3 - QUINTON NEWSOMEJAVIN WRIGHTTavian MayoMyles BellJamel Starks
S - 2 - MYLES FARMERNoa Pola-GatesJosh Sanguinetti

Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, Mills, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Bland, Fair, Henrich, Nelson

Forgive me if it's already been answered, but how many of the following would we take if they all wanted to come to Nebraska?

Ty Robinson, Datona Jackson, Lloyd Summerall III, Brant Banks

Someone said Datona is skipping his Florida visit, which makes me wonder if Summerall is leaning toward Florida, but that's just a wild guess I'm throwing out there.

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Forgive me if it's already been answered, but how many of the following would we take if they all wanted to come to Nebraska?

Ty Robinson, Datona Jackson, Lloyd Summerall III, Brant Banks

Someone said Datona is skipping his Florida visit, which makes me wonder if Summerall is leaning toward Florida, but that's just a wild guess I'm throwing out there.

I think we'd forsure take first three, Banks may be odd man out if we get Jackson. Probably depends how other numbers fall, mainly do we get Pola-Gates and have to take cousin? If so, Banks is probably out. Imo. Highly unlikely scenario. 

Don't think Summerall and Jackson have much connection as they play different positions. 

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I think we'd forsure take first three, Banks may be odd man out if we get Jackson. Probably depends how other numbers fall, mainly do we get Pola-Gates and have to take cousin? If so, Banks is probably out. Imo. Highly unlikely scenario. 

Don't think Summerall and Jackson have much connection as they play different positions. 

Are they different types of DEs or are we playing Summerall as a LB for sure?