*** 2019 Recruiting ***

On 12/12/2018 at 10:30 PM, Mavric said:

One week out.  22 commits right now.  25 open spots plus however many over-signs.  Word is we are taking 30 - though a couple might be grad transfers.  Maybe a spot or two for walk-ons as well.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEDARIEN CHASE, WANDALE ROBINSON
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 2-3 - MATTHEW ANDERSONBRYCE BENHART, Jimmy Fritzsche
OG/C - 1-2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMICHAEL LYNN

NT - 0-1 - 
DE - 3-4 - ETHAN PIPER, MOSAI NEWSOMTy RobinsonBrant Banks
ILB - 2-3 - JACKSON HANNAHNICK HENRICHGARRETT SNODGRASS

OLB - 2-3 - GARRETT NELSON, JAMIN GRAHAMLloyd Summerall, JUCO Amare Barno

CB - 2-3 - QUINTON NEWSOMEJAVIN WRIGHTTavian MayoJamel Starks, Nehemiah Pritchett, JUCO Tony Wallace
S - 2 - MYLES FARMERNoa Pola-Gates

Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, Mills, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Bland, Fair, Henrich, Nelson

So, it sounds to me like we are in really good shape and probably getting Gates, Robinson and Fritzche.  Hopefully all three sign next week.  

We are still in the running for Banks and Wallace.  

If we get Gates, then we probably are going to get a visit from Pola-Moa and at least have a chance with him.

Do I have this pretty much how others see it?

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, it sounds to me like we are in really good shape and probably getting Gates, Robinson and Fritzche.  Hopefully all three sign next week.  

We are still in the running for Banks and Wallace.  

If we get Gates, then we probably are going to get a visit from Pola-Moa and at least have a chance with him.

Do I have this pretty much how others see it?

I'd say that's pretty close.  Fritzche is kind of a question mark now.  Probably something like "guys that have been recruiting me for awhile" vs. "Dream School" at this point.

Sounding like Banks is fairly likely and we're in a good spot with Wallace.

I think we're looking for 1 WR, 1 OT, 2 DEs, 1 OLB, 1-2 CBs and 1 S plus possibly Pola-Moa.  Then possibly a wild card if something falls through - RB, WR.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'd say that's pretty close.  Fritzche is kind of a question mark now.  Probably something like "guys that have been recruiting me for awhile" vs. "Dream School" at this point.

I think we're looking for 1 WR, 1 OT, 2 DEs, 1 OLB, 1-2 CBs and 1 S plus possibly Pola-Moa.  Then possibly a wild card if something falls through - RB, WR.

I feel pretty good about this staffs chance at flipping Pritchett too.

26 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Assuming we would land every player we've discussed, along with Pritchet, that would be 29 players.  At best, that gets us to #18 rated class with 8 4* players and 15 "high" 3* players (I use .86 and above for that).  

I like the class and I love it that we would be taking close to 30 players and I really don't see many real reaches in the class.  

8 minutes ago, BRV920 said:

Frost must feel very confident on how we sit with a bunch of the higher rated players considering the way we have backed off a bunch of these Juco kids. Would not be surprised to see Summerall sign with Huskers tomorrow. 

That would, in fact, be shocking.  He dropped us and is down to UF and Miami.

• Fire 1
35 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He just seems disinterested now. IMO if we’re still in it it’s because this is a big troll job where he knows he’s coming here but wanted to shock everyone for his own entertainment. 

Sure seems like we have really backed off recruiting Juco OLBer’s. Maybe we are setting better with Summerall then we think.