*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Frost in his interview said the focus will be an OLB/ pass rusher, WR depth (my guess Njoku or D. Houston), CB (Pola- Gates or Starks as plan B)

He did dasay he would take young talent no matter the position but did specifically say DL (Pola-Mao I’d assume)

Any thoughts on OLB/ pass rush prospects? Chester Graves?

Excited to see the staff get on the 2020 class too!

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

25 commits right now.  25 open spots plus however many over-signs.  Word is we are taking 30 - though a couple might be grad transfers.  I think it will be a couple less than that.  Maybe a spot or two for walk-ons as well.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS, John Bivens
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEDARIEN CHASE, WANDALE ROBINSON
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3 - MATTHEW ANDERSONBRYCE BENHART, JIMMY FRITZSCHE
OG/C - 1-2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMICHAEL LYNN

NT - 0-1 - 
DE - 4 - ETHAN PIPER, MOSAI NEWSOMBRANT BANKSTY ROBINSON
ILB - 3 - JACKSON HANNAHNICK HENRICHGARRETT SNODGRASS

OLB - 2-3 - GARRETT NELSON, JAMIN GRAHAM

CB - 2-3 - QUINTON NEWSOMEJAVIN WRIGHTTavian MayoJamel Starks, Nehemiah Pritchett
S - 2 - MYLES FARMERNoa Pola-Gates

Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, Mills, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Bland, Banks, Henrich, Nelson

Bland is a may graduate now and I think mills is too. Nehemiah Pritchett signed with auburn. I think it might be time to add Charles Njoku and Matthew Pola-Mao

2 hours ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

Bland is a may graduate now and I think mills is too. Nehemiah Pritchett signed with auburn. I think it might be time to add Charles Njoku and Matthew Pola-Mao

Thanks.  Thought I got Pritchett off there but obviously not.  I'm waiting to add the other two until there is a confirmed visit.

4 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Just throwing out a theory.... Do you think Pola- Gates and Pola-Mao actually signed today but told the media that they weren't signing until February just to keep it a secret as long as possible.. Then they can announce they signed with Nebraska at the Poly Bowl?

The problem with that is they would have to let other coaches know their decision. Probably more trouble than it’s worth and it would surely get out somehow.

We are at 82 scholarship guys right now.  We have two JUCO commits who haven't signed yet and a report of a DT transfer from Oklahoma State.  That would be 85.

So for anyone else we take either one of those last three isn't going to show up or someone else currently on the team is leaving.

Not that that's particularly shocking.  Just something interesting to watch.

I just listened to the part of the Frost interview again where he is talking about more signees. He said he is expecting a few more signees this week. Then he says he is expecting to sign 30 for this class- then says so that will give us 4 more spots to fill. So that sounds like he is expecting 3 more to put us at 26 signed for the early signing. I think we all expect mills to be one of those 3. So that leaves 2 mystery signees. 

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

We are at 82 scholarship guys right now.  We have two JUCO commits who haven't signed yet and a report of a DT transfer from Oklahoma State.  That would be 85.

So for anyone else we take either one of those last three isn't going to show up or someone else currently on the team is leaving.

Not that that's particularly shocking.  Just something interesting to watch.

Does Weinmaster's retirement open another scholarship for this year?