*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Positions we will take for the rest of this class include 4 defense and 2 offense. There is a possibility of a grad transfer OLB instead of a high school one but we will have to see how things play out. 

1 Safety, 1 Corner- Gates and I will say Starks or DJ James takes the corner spot as Mayo seems to be going elsewhere.

1 Nose, 1 OLB- Pola-Mao and either Asante or a grad transfer. A young NT would be very good for us and a grad transfer OLB would be welcome and if we miss there we take Asante. 

1 Wr- Houston or Njoku is all we have on our radar right now. Houston would be a complete steal at this point in the game. 

1 RB- Bivens- might be a take regardless of Mills status, he could also take a WR spot if we miss on our remaining wideouts. We will need to see where attrition hits us so the January visit is perfect for him. 

As of now, that is 6 spots and in total puts us at 31 for the class if all goes to plan. Maybe we back count or we figure something out. Any attrition could also play a factor in these numbers- ie Bradley leaving the team would lead us to most likely take another RB such as Bivens. Not sure if Weinmaster leaving allows us to take 31, but there should be around 3 or so players that I predict will leave the team before or after Spring ball. Nothing confirming this at all just how it goes in today's college football and it is healthy for a team that needs players to contribute or move on.

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Positions we will take for the rest of this class include 4 defense and 2 offense. There is a possibility of a grad transfer OLB instead of a high school one but we will have to see how things play out. 

1 Safety, 1 Corner- Gates and I will say Starks or DJ James takes the corner spot as Mayo seems to be going elsewhere.

1 Nose, 1 OLB- Pola-Mao and either Asante or a grad transfer. A young NT would be very good for us and a grad transfer OLB would be welcome and if we miss there we take Asante. 

1 Wr- Houston or Njoku is all we have on our radar right now. Houston would be a complete steal at this point in the game. 

1 RB- Bivens- might be a take regardless of Mills status, he could also take a WR spot if we miss on our remaining wideouts. We will need to see where attrition hits us so the January visit is perfect for him. 

As of now, that is 6 spots and in total puts us at 31 for the class if all goes to plan. Maybe we back count or we figure something out. Any attrition could also play a factor in these numbers- ie Bradley leaving the team would lead us to most likely take another RB such as Bivens. Not sure if Weinmaster leaving allows us to take 31, but there should be around 3 or so players that I predict will leave the team before or after Spring ball. Nothing confirming this at all just how it goes in today's college football and it is healthy for a team that needs players to contribute or move on.

I agree with everything you said, but would add Josh Sanguinetti to your DB list. He was supposed to visit in November but we asked him to reschedule; and he still hasn't signed with anyone.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I saw the thread. 

I specifically wanted to ask about the “blowing up” comment. 

didn't know if there were more offers that haven’t been mentioned. 

He went from UAB and tenn chatanooga to getting offers from colorado, nebraska, and miss st. The colorado offer is from the new coach that was at georgia and thinks highly of the kid.  I would say that his recruitment is taking off.  He is a basketball kid that turns out to be a pretty darn good football player.  I would not be surprised if the offers keep coming im for this guy.  Lot of potential and the pool is much shallower after the early signing period.  

On 12/24/2018 at 9:50 AM, swmohusker said:

He went from UAB and tenn chatanooga to getting offers from colorado, nebraska, and miss st. The colorado offer is from the new coach that was at georgia and thinks highly of the kid.  I would say that his recruitment is taking off.  He is a basketball kid that turns out to be a pretty darn good football player.  I would not be surprised if the offers keep coming im for this guy.  Lot of potential and the pool is much shallower after the early signing period.  

Thanks for the info.