*** 2019 Recruiting ***

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

There was recruiting analysis on the radio who stated that Frost was thinking about saving a schollie for a transfer after spring practice to help fill any glaring holes.  He also stated that Frost would not use the transfer for offensive skill positions due to the short time to learn the play book.

Do you remember when Bo used to say the same thing about defense, because "the defense is just so hard to learn"? 

At first we lauded it because Bo really understood defense. Then we reamed him because "you have to adapt to the athletes you have". 

Ahhh, the good ol days. I'm feeling very nostalgic lately. 

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Do you remember when Bo used to say the same thing about defense, because "the defense is just so hard to learn"? 

At first we lauded it because Bo really understood defense. Then we reamed him because "you have to adapt to the athletes you have". 

Bo had seniors who still couldn’t fit and would allow 300 yard rushers.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

And both Lavonte David and Randy Gregory showed up a couple days before practice started and seemed to work out ok.

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Will we be getting any announcements in the next week?  Or are we going to have to wait until NSD next Wednesday to find out?

Bivens is just waiting on the coaches to let him commit. I haven’t seen a date for Houston to commit yet. Parker is visiting KU this weekend so he won’t commit until next week. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, SUHperman said:

Bivens is just waiting on the coaches to let him commit. I haven’t seen a date for Houston to commit yet. Parker is visiting KU this weekend so he won’t commit until next week. 

The bigger question is, what are the coaches waiting for to make that decision?

Seems like we have three spots and we are down to Parker, Houston and Bivens. 

And, those three are not guaranteed. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The bigger question is, what are the coaches waiting for to make that decision?

Seems like we have three spots and we are down to Parker, Houston and Bivens. 

And, those three are not guaranteed. 

Bland still may be a possibility. I'd also guess 1 transfer if they can 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Bland still may be a possibility. I'd also guess 1 transfer if they can 

OK, we have 26 right now including Bland.  They have said they could take up to 30.  So, 26 plus these 3 gives us 29.....which leaves one spot for a transfer.  And...on top of this, Bland is "iffy" at best.

I'm just scratching my head on the idea that Bivens wants to sign, but the staff is waiting on something to allow him to sign.  To me, if all that is true, it seems like there is something happening with a recruit we aren't talking about.

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, we have 26 right now including Bland.  They have said they could take up to 30.  So, 26 plus these 3 gives us 29.....which leaves one spot for a transfer.  And...on top of this, Bland is "iffy" at best.

I'm just scratching my head on the idea that Bivens wants to sign, but the staff is waiting on something to allow him to sign.  To me, if all that is true, it seems like there is something happening with a recruit we aren't talking about.

Maybe has to do with taking another RB - which would make 4 for this class...I bet this staff has 1-2 kids that aren't fully on our radars yet 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Grad Transfer Daniels counts as part of the 30. 

Also, Bivens is basically a plan C, D, E guy. What makes you want him but not others? His only other option is Toledo at the moment, something seems off in his recruitment. 

Looking at the 2020 class, I wouldn't mind eating the scholly rather than reaching. But that goes back to one's opinion on if Bivens is a reach.