*** 2019 Recruiting ***

27 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Grad Transfer Daniels counts as part of the 30. 

Also, Bivens is basically a plan C, D, E guy. What makes you want him but not others? His only other option is Toledo at the moment, something seems off in his recruitment. 

Looking at the 2020 class, I wouldn't mind eating the scholly rather than reaching. But that goes back to one's opinion on if Bivens is a reach. 

Bivens is an insanely talented RB who is recovering from a knee injury. Everyone is skeptical. 

10 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

My only hesitation with Bivens is that he would make two RB recruits in the class recovering from major knee injuries.

Another one of Frost’s strategies. He’s recruiting good kids, winners, length to put muscle on, and a couple could’ve been 4+ stars, who took an injury hit, hoping they come back to full productivity. 

• Fire 1
32 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Another one of Frost’s strategies. He’s recruiting good kids, winners, length to put muscle on, and a couple could’ve been 4+ stars, who took an injury hit, hoping they come back to full productivity. 

Yeah, I'm good with it if they are. But, there should always be a little hesitation in these scenarios.

27 commits right now, though Bland is a question mark.  25 open spots plus however many over-signs.  Word is we are taking 28-29 - maybe one spot for a grad transfers.  I don't think we'll be taking another CB.  Houston and Bivens seem likely.  See what happens at OLB.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS, John Bivens
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEDARIEN CHASE, WANDALE ROBINSON, DEMARIYON HOUSTON
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3 - MATTHEW ANDERSONBRYCE BENHART, JIMMY FRITZSCHE
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMICHAEL LYNN

NT - 0 - 
DE - 4 - ETHAN PIPER, MOSAI NEWSOMBRANT BANKSTY ROBINSON
ILB - 3 - JACKSON HANNAHNICK HENRICHGARRETT SNODGRASS

OLB - 2-3 - GARRETT NELSON, JAMIN GRAHAM

CB - 2-3 - QUINTON NEWSOMEJAVIN WRIGHTTavian Mayo
S - 2 - MYLES FARMERNOA POLA-GATES

Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Banks, Henrich, Nelson

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm neutral on Bivens. We have Washington for another 2-3 years along with Mills, Johnson, Thompkins and whoever we sign next year. Not to mention Miles Jones and Wandale who can play RB/WR 

I'm neutral as well. There's something worrying a lot of programs, including us. I hope either way, for his sake, he can get back to pre-injury form. He was as good as it gets. 

52 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm neutral as well. There's something worrying a lot of programs, including us. I hope either way, for his sake, he can get back to pre-injury form. He was as good as it gets. 

he would have been able to pick his school prior to injury. Part of me hopes you bring him in give him a RS and let Duval and Ellis work on him and see if he gets it back. If his knee will never be the same you cross that bridge at that time. I am cool without taking him but I think this kid will have a chip on his shoulder and I like that. 

• Plus1 1