*** 2019 Recruiting ***

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

he would have been able to pick his school prior to injury. Part of me hopes you bring him in give him a RS and let Duval and Ellis work on him and see if he gets it back. If his knee will never be the same you cross that bridge at that time. I am cool without taking him but I think this kid will have a chip on his shoulder and I like that. 

Maybe, but you aren't the only one with that thought process and so far no one is taking that chance. Pretty tell tale sign for me. 

I'd love to see your scenario turn out true, just skeptical right now. 

Norris lineman, German exchange student Nouili has the wildest recruitment in Nebraska this year

When Nouredin Nouili arrived in the United States on July 23, he had never lifted weights in his life.

The German national, born in Frankfurt, came here as an exchange student intent on having fun as a senior at Norris High and making the most of his time in Nebraska.

“I just wanted to see the culture and the tradition of Americans and also play sports like football and I’m doing wrestling right now and track,” Nouili told the Journal Star this week.

A funny thing happened along the way. Nouili, who played two seasons of football in Germany before coming to the United States, became a starter on the offensive and defensive lines for Norris. Not only that, but he was pretty good.

College interest started to percolate. He took an unofficial to Nebraska on a game day. Talk about an eye-opening experience.

“They kind of sized me up and they told me that my body frame could easily hold about 315 pounds and that they would want me at 315-320 and I would still have a lower body fat percentage than the average lineman who goes into the NFL Draft,” Nouili said.

• Plus1 3

Interesting note from Callahan this morning.  He said don’t be surprised if Houston is our only new signee next Wednesday and the absolute most will be two. Sounds like Bivens is out. 

Edit: Asante news throws a wrench in this. I like him more than Parker. Hope we land him. 

10 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Interesting note from Callahan this morning.  He said don’t be surprised if Houston is our only new signee next Wednesday and the absolute most will be two. Sounds like Bivens is out. 

I'm actually okay with this. Possibly take a chance on Bland or multiple grad transfers that are then free for next year. 

2020 = Top Ten Class :thumbs

7 hours ago, SUHperman said:

Edit: Asante news throws a wrench in this. I like him more than Parker. Hope we land him. 

nm, read it wrong. 

I think we take Houston, Bivens, and Parker. Might as well fill the class up to its full potential. I say this because easily 4-5 guys will be gone after spring ball and then we can use those schollies for grad transfers. No reason to not try and fill the class in some way, but the coaches know what they are doing. 

We will for sure get 1-2 grad transfers and maybe even a regular transfer if we have the room. No need to self-sanction ourselves and have only 82 scholarship players on the roster at a time. Right now that is not true, but it might happen after spring ball. 

5 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I think we take Houston, Bivens, and Parker. Might as well fill the class up to its full potential. I say this because easily 4-5 guys will be gone after spring ball and then we can use those schollies for grad transfers. No reason to not try and fill the class in some way, but the coaches know what they are doing. 

We will for sure get 1-2 grad transfers and maybe even a regular transfer if we have the room. No need to self-sanction ourselves and have only 82 scholarship players on the roster at a time. Right now that is not true, but it might happen after spring ball. 

There's a hard cap at 30 no matter how many leave which includes Daniels. So taking that many won't be possible.

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

There's a hard cap at 30 no matter how many leave which includes Daniels. So taking that many won't be possible.

Numbers including Bland in my scenario- 30

Numbers not including Bland: 29 

That leaves 1-2 grad transfers if the scenario below occurs.

I thought we could take some grad transfers by back counting some of the EEs from 2019? And while we are at it did we not back count some players from the class of 2018 to 2017?

We will definitely be able to take all the high school guys but maybe only 1 grad transfer on top of that.

RIVALS’ REACTION

According to Pesek-Hickson, Michigan has asked him to reclassify and sign in the class of 2020. The Kansas City-area prospect has not de-committed from Michigan, but is not sure whether he will reclassify and plans to consider his options. Pesek-Hickson played primarily running back for Blue Valley North as a senior, but Michigan was targeting him more to fill a role on the defensive side of the football, most likely in a linebacker role. According to Pesek-Hickson he has scored a 30 on the ACT and his most recent semester GPA was a 3.1, so academically he appears to be in order.

• Plus1 3
On 2/5/2019 at 7:17 AM, Red Five said:

Harbaugh at it again telling a kid a few days before signing day that he doesn't have room.  I guess his first clue should have been that he wasn't allowed to sign in December.  And according to 247, his only D1 scholly offer was Michigan.

Gotta save those scholarships for down the road.  Otherwise he won't have room for all the 4th graders he just offered.