*** 2019 Recruiting ***

On 2/5/2019 at 8:17 AM, Red Five said:

Harbaugh at it again telling a kid a few days before signing day that he doesn't have room.  I guess his first clue should have been that he wasn't allowed to sign in December.  And according to 247, his only D1 scholly offer was Michigan.

You’d think the kid would have figured t out when jimmy didn’t come over for the sleepover.... still the creepiest thing he’s done

On 2/5/2019 at 8:17 AM, Red Five said:

Harbaugh at it again telling a kid a few days before signing day that he doesn't have room.  I guess his first clue should have been that he wasn't allowed to sign in December.  And according to 247, his only D1 scholly offer was Michigan.

Signed with KU today. Good for him. 

27 commits right now, though Bland is a question mark. 

As far as I can tell, the board is empty.  I still have Bivens listed but most seem to think he will not end up here.  Toledo seems likely.  Not sure how well he has recovered from his injuries.

By my count we have 85 scholarships spoken for - Bland would be 86.  There are always guys who leave after the spring semester so a couple spots will likely open up.  Warner and Armstrong seem likely to get scholarships if they are available.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS, John Bivens
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEDARIEN CHASE, WANDALE ROBINSON, DEMARIYON HOUSTON
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3 - MATTHEW ANDERSONBRYCE BENHART, JIMMY FRITZSCHE
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMICHAEL LYNN

NT - 0 - 
DE - 4 - ETHAN PIPER, MOSAI NEWSOMBRANT BANKSTY ROBINSON
ILB - 3 - JACKSON HANNAHNICK HENRICHGARRETT SNODGRASS

OLB - 2-3 - GARRETT NELSON, JAMIN GRAHAM

CB - 2-3 - QUINTON NEWSOMEJAVIN WRIGHT
S - 2 - MYLES FARMERNOA POLA-GATES

Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Banks, Henrich, Nelson

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know OSU had a coaching change and I know they have some pretty elite athletes in this class. But I’m still scratching my head over their class. 

Did they only gave that much room or did the new coach lay an egg after being named?

what we are missing to move up is a couple 5 stars. 

I think they lost a few with coaching change but I believe they were expected to have a smaller class this year. 

Just now, Caveman said:

Why no love for Wisky?

Because, as I’ve said many times before, I think the biggest reason for their success has been lack of competition. The West has been down and they’ve generally played weaker East sides. 

They’re also kinda antiquated. What they do on offense they do well, but they don’t have much of a ceiling. Purdue is the only other team in the division that can sell an exciting style of play like we can and I think that is a big reason for their jump in recruiting. The other contending division teams are very set in their ways, and long term I think that gives teams like Nebraska and Purdue a leg up both in recruiting and on the field.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I know lol ESPN and all that but still...like...some fact checking would be appreciated.  Excited to see what Grayson does in Frost's offense *eyeroll*

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25940737/national-signing-day-grades-every-power-5-program#BigTen

158.pngNebraska Cornhuskers

Grade: B+ | National rank: 18

Scott Frost's first full cycle in Lincoln finished in the top 25 nationally and No. 4 in the Big Ten. ESPN 300 Luke McCaffrey is the QB in the class and is joined by a talented trio of RBs in four-stars Ronald Thompkins and Rahmir Johnson, along with three-star Thomas Grayson. ESPN 300 ATH Wandale Robinson will be a weapon on offense and in the return game, as will four-star WR/KR and one-time Texas verbal Demariyon Houston. ESPN 300 OT Bryce Benhart and three-star OT Matthew Anderson have very high ceilings, while four-star juco OG commitment Desmond Bland will be called upon to make an instant impact, should he sign. ESPN 300 S Noa Pola-Gates and four-star DE Ty Robinson were huge wins out of Arizona. Three-star linebacker Jackson Hannah was a very nice win out of the Volunteer State, while ESPN 300 OLB Nick Henrich and four-star TE Chris Hickman were must-wins from inside state lines. Four-star CB Quinton Newsome and three-star CB Javin Wright will bring height and long arms to the position in Lincoln.

• Haha 3