*** 2019 Recruiting ***

9 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Saw we are at #29 now on 247.  Ninth in the B1G.  

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Michigan #7

Ohio State #13

Penn State #17

Wisky #21

Michigan State #22

Minny #24

NW #25

Iowa #27

Nebraska #29

This composite shows us that even outside of rankings ... we are gonna have to coach these kids up.  We've got 8 teams that look to have a good class.

It's WAY too early for the class rankings to matter. I'll bet half those teams drop out of the top 30 by the end.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's WAY too early for the class rankings to matter. I'll bet half those teams drop out of the top 30 by the end.

I'll take that bet!  Not to early at all (um, this is a forum as well to speculate ... do we have to wait until the conclusion to post news?).  I have no problem, like in past years, that Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Whisky will be in the Top 30.  So, that means that both Michigan State and Nebraska can perhaps finish outside the Top 30.  It won't surprise me at all to see one of Minny, NW and Iowa to finish in the Top 30.

What are we betting?

8 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I'll take that bet!  Not to early at all (um, this is a forum as well to speculate ... do we have to wait until the conclusion to post news?).  I have no problem, like in past years, that Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Whisky will be in the Top 30.  So, that means that both Michigan State and Nebraska can perhaps finish outside the Top 30.  It won't surprise me at all to see one of Minny, NW and Iowa to finish in the Top 30.

What are we betting?

Those 3 teams will not finish in the top 30.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I would feel good saying there will only be 4 teams in the top 25 on signing day. 

Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Nebraska. 

Wisconsin will have one of their better years and be somewhere between 25-35. everyone else will be between 30-50.

Wisconsin is only so high right now because they have a .99 kid right now. They will recruit the rest of their class like they normally do and they will continue to drop.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

What are we betting?

Bragging rights. And I'm not counting Nebraska, just those other 8 teams. I'll bet less than 4 will be in the top 30 after signing day. (If you want to count Nebraska, then make it less than 5.)

EDIT: Fixed the "less than", as I meant less than half.

46 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I'm good with it.  If last class and this week is any indication of how this staff can recruit, I think they can get higher caliber players in here than a lot of what the last two staffs have brought in.   

I'm curious about this.  Is there an area in the last class and so far this one that this coaching staff has recruited better than the last 2 staffs before have?  On paper anyway?  I'm not seeing it yet.

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Bragging rights. And I'm not counting Nebraska, just those other 8 teams. I'll bet less than 4 will be in the top 30 after signing day. (If you want to count Nebraska, then make it less than 5.)

EDIT: Fixed the "less than", as I meant less than half.

Well, I guess I will suggest that the comment, "It's WAY too early for the class rankings to matter. I'll bet half those teams drop out of the top 30 by the end," was said WAY TOO EARLY if now you are gonna change and fix the parameters.  Since I've ceased fighting anyone and anything I'll just let my statement stand.  It's a forum to express views.  I actually stated the news first ... then a few thoughts and opinion later.  It's all good.  Let's get back to being the best fans out there!

Pass

2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Well, I guess I will suggest that the comment, "It's WAY too early for the class rankings to matter. I'll bet half those teams drop out of the top 30 by the end," was said WAY TOO EARLY if now you are gonna change and fix the parameters. 

You listed 9 teams. I proposed either less than 5 for all 9 teams or less than 4 for my suggested 8 teams. If there's another way to define "half those teams", let me know.

But my point was that you're looking at something that changes a lot over the next 8 months, so we shouldn't put much if any stock into it.

15 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm curious about this.  Is there an area in the last class and so far this one that this coaching staff has recruited better than the last 2 staffs before have?  On paper anyway?  I'm not seeing it yet.

I just hope they are better at finding guys who actually fit their schemes. Bo wasnt awful at that but Riley seemed to get whichever player showed interest regardless of if they fit our scheme.

Seems like Frost has had some success lately with LB'ers.

17 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I like the RB's that the new staff has recruited, compared to Riley's staff, but Bo did a good job bringing in quality RB's.

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I just hope they are better at finding guys who actually fit their schemes. Bo wasnt awful at that but Riley seemed to get whichever player showed interest regardless of if they fit our scheme.

Seems like Frost has had some success lately with LB'ers.

I thought Riley, at least offensively, went for guys that fit.

Bo being "multiple" was probably a little more difficult to pin down for fit

@RedDenver, yes, I get your points.  Again, I just reported the news on 247.  I had no point initially ... I was just reporting the news on 247.  I didn't read into it at all.  You were making the point you just made again, that it was "way to early" and "we shouldn't put much if any stock into it".  It was only after you stated your point that I came in with "I'll take that bet."

It's all up there in the posts.  I'm not debating you and have no attitude.

Pass

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I like the RB's that the new staff has recruited, compared to Riley's staff, but Bo did a good job bringing in quality RB's.

They do seem to be a bit more athletic than Riley's.  I was speaking more on terms of like recruiting rankings and how they are rated.

So far, all 3 coaches are getting about the same rated players at each position, give or take.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***