Jump to content
Mavric

*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

Yeah, I'm good with it if they are. But, there should always be a little hesitation in these scenarios.

Agreed. It takes a special talent to overcome the mental which is often tougher than the physical recovery. 

 

It it worked well for AMart so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 commits right now, though Bland is a question mark.  25 open spots plus however many over-signs.  Word is we are taking 28-29 - maybe one spot for a grad transfers.  I don't think we'll be taking another CB.  Houston and Bivens seem likely.  See what happens at OLB.

 

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS, John Bivens
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEDARIEN CHASE, WANDALE ROBINSON, DEMARIYON HOUSTON
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3 - MATTHEW ANDERSONBRYCE BENHART, JIMMY FRITZSCHE
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMICHAEL LYNN

NT - 0 - 
DE - 4 - ETHAN PIPER, MOSAI NEWSOMBRANT BANKSTY ROBINSON
ILB - 3 - JACKSON HANNAHNICK HENRICHGARRETT SNODGRASS

OLB - 2-3 - GARRETT NELSON, JAMIN GRAHAM

CB - 2-3 - QUINTON NEWSOMEJAVIN WRIGHTTavian Mayo
S - 2 - MYLES FARMERNOA POLA-GATES

  

 Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Banks, Henrich, Nelson

 

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm neutral on Bivens. We have Washington for another 2-3 years along with Mills, Johnson, Thompkins and whoever we sign next year. Not to mention Miles Jones and Wandale who can play RB/WR 

I'm neutral as well. There's something worrying a lot of programs, including us. I hope either way, for his sake, he can get back to pre-injury form. He was as good as it gets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I'm neutral as well. There's something worrying a lot of programs, including us. I hope either way, for his sake, he can get back to pre-injury form. He was as good as it gets. 

he would have been able to pick his school prior to injury. Part of me hopes you bring him in give him a RS and let Duval and Ellis work on him and see if he gets it back. If his knee will never be the same you cross that bridge at that time. I am cool without taking him but I think this kid will have a chip on his shoulder and I like that. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

My only hesitation with Bivens is that he would make two RB recruits in the class recovering from major knee injuries.

 

Maybe they're going to combine them into one player with 2 good knees

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

OR... And stay with me, maybe one player with 2 bad knees?

 

If you're going to call out Mick Stoltenberg, at least have the balls to do it by name.:D

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

If you're going to call out Mick Stoltenberg, at least have the balls to do it by name.:D

I share my opinions on a sports themed message board, I think its pretty clear i have no balls. 

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

he would have been able to pick his school prior to injury. Part of me hopes you bring him in give him a RS and let Duval and Ellis work on him and see if he gets it back. If his knee will never be the same you cross that bridge at that time. I am cool without taking him but I think this kid will have a chip on his shoulder and I like that. 

 Maybe, but you aren't the only one with that thought process and so far no one is taking that chance. Pretty tell tale sign for me. 

 

I'd love to see your scenario turn out true, just skeptical right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If you're going to call out Mick Stoltenberg, at least have the balls to do it by name.:D

 

I think he meant Tre Bryant. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Norris lineman, German exchange student Nouili has the wildest recruitment in Nebraska this year

 

Quote

 

When Nouredin Nouili arrived in the United States on July 23, he had never lifted weights in his life.

 

The German national, born in Frankfurt, came here as an exchange student intent on having fun as a senior at Norris High and making the most of his time in Nebraska.

 

“I just wanted to see the culture and the tradition of Americans and also play sports like football and I’m doing wrestling right now and track,” Nouili told the Journal Star this week.

 

A funny thing happened along the way. Nouili, who played two seasons of football in Germany before coming to the United States, became a starter on the offensive and defensive lines for Norris. Not only that, but he was pretty good.

 

College interest started to percolate. He took an unofficial to Nebraska on a game day. Talk about an eye-opening experience.

“They kind of sized me up and they told me that my body frame could easily hold about 315 pounds and that they would want me at 315-320 and I would still have a lower body fat percentage than the average lineman who goes into the NFL Draft,” Nouili said.

 

 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting note from Callahan this morning.  He said don’t be surprised if Houston is our only new signee next Wednesday and the absolute most will be two. Sounds like Bivens is out. 

 

Edit: Asante news throws a wrench in this. I like him more than Parker. Hope we land him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

Interesting note from Callahan this morning.  He said don’t be surprised if Houston is our only new signee next Wednesday and the absolute most will be two. Sounds like Bivens is out. 

I'm actually okay with this. Possibly take a chance on Bland or multiple grad transfers that are then free for next year. 

2020 = Top Ten Class :thumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SUHperman said:

Interesting note from Callahan this morning.  He said don’t be surprised if Houston is our only new signee next Wednesday and the absolute most will be two. Sounds like Bivens is out. 

 

Edit: Asante news throws a wrench in this. I like him more than Parker. Hope we land him. 

 

 

nm, read it wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we take Houston, Bivens, and Parker. Might as well fill the class up to its full potential. I say this because easily 4-5 guys will be gone after spring ball and then we can use those schollies for grad transfers. No reason to not try and fill the class in some way, but the coaches know what they are doing. 

 

We will for sure get 1-2 grad transfers and maybe even a regular transfer if we have the room. No need to self-sanction ourselves and have only 82 scholarship players on the roster at a time. Right now that is not true, but it might happen after spring ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

I think we take Houston, Bivens, and Parker. Might as well fill the class up to its full potential. I say this because easily 4-5 guys will be gone after spring ball and then we can use those schollies for grad transfers. No reason to not try and fill the class in some way, but the coaches know what they are doing. 

 

We will for sure get 1-2 grad transfers and maybe even a regular transfer if we have the room. No need to self-sanction ourselves and have only 82 scholarship players on the roster at a time. Right now that is not true, but it might happen after spring ball. 

There's a hard cap at 30 no matter how many leave which includes Daniels. So taking that many won't be possible.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

There's a hard cap at 30 no matter how many leave which includes Daniels. So taking that many won't be possible.

Numbers including Bland in my scenario- 30

 

Numbers not including Bland: 29 

 

That leaves 1-2 grad transfers if the scenario below occurs.

 

I thought we could take some grad transfers by back counting some of the EEs from 2019? And while we are at it did we not back count some players from the class of 2018 to 2017?

We will definitely be able to take all the high school guys but maybe only 1 grad transfer on top of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

RIVALS’ REACTION

According to Pesek-Hickson, Michigan has asked him to reclassify and sign in the class of 2020. The Kansas City-area prospect has not de-committed from Michigan, but is not sure whether he will reclassify and plans to consider his options. Pesek-Hickson played primarily running back for Blue Valley North as a senior, but Michigan was targeting him more to fill a role on the defensive side of the football, most likely in a linebacker role. According to Pesek-Hickson he has scored a 30 on the ACT and his most recent semester GPA was a 3.1, so academically he appears to be in order.

 

 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

 

Harbaugh at it again telling a kid a few days before signing day that he doesn't have room.  I guess his first clue should have been that he wasn't allowed to sign in December.  And according to 247, his only D1 scholly offer was Michigan.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 7:17 AM, Red Five said:

 

Harbaugh at it again telling a kid a few days before signing day that he doesn't have room.  I guess his first clue should have been that he wasn't allowed to sign in December.  And according to 247, his only D1 scholly offer was Michigan.

Gotta save those scholarships for down the road.  Otherwise he won't have room for all the 4th graders he just offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 8:17 AM, Red Five said:

 

Harbaugh at it again telling a kid a few days before signing day that he doesn't have room.  I guess his first clue should have been that he wasn't allowed to sign in December.  And according to 247, his only D1 scholly offer was Michigan.

You’d think the kid would have figured t out when jimmy didn’t come over for the sleepover.... still the creepiest thing he’s done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 8:17 AM, Red Five said:

 

Harbaugh at it again telling a kid a few days before signing day that he doesn't have room.  I guess his first clue should have been that he wasn't allowed to sign in December.  And according to 247, his only D1 scholly offer was Michigan.

Signed with KU today. Good for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 commits right now, though Bland is a question mark. 

 

As far as I can tell, the board is empty.  I still have Bivens listed but most seem to think he will not end up here.  Toledo seems likely.  Not sure how well he has recovered from his injuries.

 

By my count we have 85 scholarships spoken for - Bland would be 86.  There are always guys who leave after the spring semester so a couple spots will likely open up.  Warner and Armstrong seem likely to get scholarships if they are available.

 

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS, John Bivens
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEDARIEN CHASE, WANDALE ROBINSON, DEMARIYON HOUSTON
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3 - MATTHEW ANDERSONBRYCE BENHART, JIMMY FRITZSCHE
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMICHAEL LYNN

NT - 0 - 
DE - 4 - ETHAN PIPER, MOSAI NEWSOMBRANT BANKSTY ROBINSON
ILB - 3 - JACKSON HANNAHNICK HENRICHGARRETT SNODGRASS

OLB - 2-3 - GARRETT NELSON, JAMIN GRAHAM

CB - 2-3 - QUINTON NEWSOMEJAVIN WRIGHT
S - 2 - MYLES FARMERNOA POLA-GATES

  

 Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, WRobinson, Nance, Hickman, Banks, Henrich, Nelson

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

 

I know OSU had a coaching change and I know they have some pretty elite athletes in this class. But I’m still scratching my head over their class. 

 

Did they only gave that much room or did the new coach lay an egg after being named?

 

what we are missing to move up is a couple 5 stars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

I know OSU had a coaching change and I know they have some pretty elite athletes in this class. But I’m still scratching my head over their class. 

 

Did they only gave that much room or did the new coach lay an egg after being named?

 

what we are missing to move up is a couple 5 stars. 

 

I think they lost a few with coaching change but I believe they were expected to have a smaller class this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

247 really needs a 3rd reputable service for their composite. 

 

Rivals has our class at 16

 

247 has our class at 17 

 

But the 247 composite has us at 20

 

ESPN must rate our class really low to pull it that far up.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

 

Man, it's impressive what Brohm has done at Purdue. 

 

No one else in the West even has my attention. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caveman said:

 

Why no love for Wisky?

 

Because, as I’ve said many times before, I think the biggest reason for their success has been lack of competition. The West has been down and they’ve generally played weaker East sides. 

 

They’re also kinda antiquated. What they do on offense they do well, but they don’t have much of a ceiling. Purdue is the only other team in the division that can sell an exciting style of play like we can and I think that is a big reason for their jump in recruiting. The other contending division teams are very set in their ways, and long term I think that gives teams like Nebraska and Purdue a leg up both in recruiting and on the field.

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know lol ESPN and all that but still...like...some fact checking would be appreciated.  Excited to see what Grayson does in Frost's offense *eyeroll*

 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25940737/national-signing-day-grades-every-power-5-program#BigTen

 

158.pngNebraska Cornhuskers

Grade: B+ | National rank: 18

Scott Frost's first full cycle in Lincoln finished in the top 25 nationally and No. 4 in the Big Ten. ESPN 300 Luke McCaffrey is the QB in the class and is joined by a talented trio of RBs in four-stars Ronald Thompkins and Rahmir Johnson, along with three-star Thomas Grayson. ESPN 300 ATH Wandale Robinson will be a weapon on offense and in the return game, as will four-star WR/KR and one-time Texas verbal Demariyon Houston. ESPN 300 OT Bryce Benhart and three-star OT Matthew Anderson have very high ceilings, while four-star juco OG commitment Desmond Bland will be called upon to make an instant impact, should he sign. ESPN 300 S Noa Pola-Gates and four-star DE Ty Robinson were huge wins out of Arizona. Three-star linebacker Jackson Hannah was a very nice win out of the Volunteer State, while ESPN 300 OLB Nick Henrich and four-star TE Chris Hickman were must-wins from inside state lines. Four-star CB Quinton Newsome and three-star CB Javin Wright will bring height and long arms to the position in Lincoln.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a tweet that said UCLA offered a scholarship to a player and that player opted to walk on at Washington instead.  Yikes.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I know lol ESPN and all that but still...like...some fact checking would be appreciated.  Excited to see what Grayson does in Frost's offense *eyeroll*

 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25940737/national-signing-day-grades-every-power-5-program#BigTen

 

158.pngNebraska Cornhuskers

Grade: B+ | National rank: 18

Scott Frost's first full cycle in Lincoln finished in the top 25 nationally and No. 4 in the Big Ten. ESPN 300 Luke McCaffrey is the QB in the class and is joined by a talented trio of RBs in four-stars Ronald Thompkins and Rahmir Johnson, along with three-star Thomas Grayson. ESPN 300 ATH Wandale Robinson will be a weapon on offense and in the return game, as will four-star WR/KR and one-time Texas verbal Demariyon Houston. ESPN 300 OT Bryce Benhart and three-star OT Matthew Anderson have very high ceilings, while four-star juco OG commitment Desmond Bland will be called upon to make an instant impact, should he sign. ESPN 300 S Noa Pola-Gates and four-star DE Ty Robinson were huge wins out of Arizona. Three-star linebacker Jackson Hannah was a very nice win out of the Volunteer State, while ESPN 300 OLB Nick Henrich and four-star TE Chris Hickman were must-wins from inside state lines. Four-star CB Quinton Newsome and three-star CB Javin Wright will bring height and long arms to the position in Lincoln.

Are we 18 in ESPN? 

 

How are we 16 in rivals, 17 in 247, 18 in espn but our composite is 20? Im confused.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Are we 18 in ESPN? 

 

How are we 16 in rivals, 17 in 247, 18 in espn but our composite is 20? Im confused.

It's that new math

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GSG said:

 

 

What is that in Vermont? Some random guy's face?

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ulty said:

 

What is that in Vermont? Some random guy's face?

 

 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2019/2/7/18148081/recruits-by-state-map-2019-rankings

 

Quote

Vermont: There are no signees with Composite ratings or in the Rivals database from Vermont, and I could not find any indication the Gatorade Player of the Year signed with anyone, so Bernie Sanders was once again appointed the state’s top recruiter. However, a reader flagged that DII Assumption signed Gatorade Player of the Year Jake Cady. My apologies to the Greyhounds, who deserve recognition here.

 

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the Big Red Wrap up recruiting special. Really good info, and dang it feels good to be excited/optimistic for next season again. The staff put together a really good class, of the right kind of players, and i have faith through good S&C /hard work, they'll develop lots of this guys into great ball players. GBR  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×