*** 2019 Recruiting ***

50 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I think we definitely would rather find a good NG than a DE for 19' class. We have plenty of DEs on this team, but Daniels is our only true NG that will be back next season. 

They have said their is some flexibility at those 3 spots on the DL, I believe.

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Darrin Smith, an all purpose back from Frisco, TX is getting some love from Nebraska. He's the top RB target on the UConn board for 2019 and is set to OV Storrs April 20. Was at Texas Tech spring game last weekend. 

Schaefer just put in 2 CB's for RB's this weekend that visited. Neither of them are named Darrin Smith. Not sure we will take 3 RB's, unless there is some attrition. 

7 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Schaefer just put in 2 CB's for RB's this weekend that visited. Neither of them are named Darrin Smith. Not sure we will take 3 RB's, unless there is some attrition. 

I'm not convinced that Schaefer's CBs are all that legit at this point.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

He said that he isn't ALL IN on McCaffrey or Johnson at this point, but was feeling risky enough to put them in.  He sounds pretty confident in the first two he put in this weekend, one of which was a RB.

2 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

They have said their is some flexibility at those 3 spots on the DL, I believe.

We have a few guys who could play NG but it isn't the type of body they are looking for. D Thomas fits better at DE along with the Davis twins, Freedom, Stille, etc. 

17 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Damion Daniels maybe?

Yeah that's what I said previously. He will be the only returning player who fits the bill 

I think we definitely would rather find a good NG than a DE for 19' class. We have plenty of DEs on this team, but Daniels is our only true NG that will be back next season. 

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Grayson and Newsom are, imo. I could see both being N by month end. 

McCaffrey/Johnson are longer forecasted ones that are less confident, but Schaefer said that in his write up. 

Fong just predicted Grayson N.

22 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Nice point. I think people are overreacting. Frost will find the right guys for his system, and develop them. Whether it is a 5 star or a walk-on, it does not matter to him.

I’m sure he will.  He’s proven it.  But I’d rather we try to be more like Alabama and Clemson in the players that commit.  It’s a proven championship formula

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***