*** 2019 Recruiting ***

I definitely understand that, but the Colorado QB didn’t strike me as anything special. 247 graded him as an 84, which is on the low end of the 3-stars. It’s certainly possible that he’s much better than that. I also get that it can be hard for a coach to completely bench a senior QB like that for a younger one at the high school level.

Anyway, I’m not trying to say Luke would be a terrible take or anything, especially if he’s being recruited as an athlete who could potentially be our starting QB. He seems to have very good athleticism and can be a playmaker. If he has a big senior year, he could make it clear that he’s going to be a QB at the next level and then I’ll feel silly for having any doubts.

17 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

The number doesn't really matter.  I'm just curious how many offers there will be before the coaching staff feels they are caught up in 2019 recruiting.  338 sounded, to me,  like they should be there.  I guess not.

Sure the offers are out now, but they are still catching up on building relationships with their identified targets. Other teams locked in their board well before NU and could focus on the top recruits for a longer period of time. Yes there are a few targets I am sure the NU staff have been working on for awhile, but there are many more they had to evaluate first to determine which ones they should expend their human capital on. Those are the ones they are playing catch up on. Just look at how many recruits they offered already had multiple offers prior.

• Plus1 2

16 seniors this year plus over-sign by 3 would be 19.  Several reports that the staff is planning on 23-25 again.

Priority:

QB - Frost says one every year but it might be two this year

OT - A continued trouble spot  but we'll see what the new guys can do

DT - Need to re-stock

CB - We'll have to see how the 2018 guys slot in but we don't have a lot of young ones

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1-2 - Michael Johnson, John Rhys Plumlee, Terrance Gipson, Luke McCaffrey, Jayden Daniels
RB - 2-3 - THOMAS GRAYSONRAHMIR JOHNSON, Ronald Thompkins, Tyler Goodson
WR - 3-4 - Kyren Williams, Marcus Washington, Cameron Coleman, Bryce Childress, Mycah Pittman, Kyle Ford, Marlyn Johnson, Jameson Williams
TE - 1 - Chris Hickman
OT - 2-3 - Jayme Simmons, Jack Buford, Jaelin Humphries, Taylor Miterko
OG/C - 1-2 - McKade Mettauer, William Putnam, Danielson Ike

NT - 1-2 - JUCO Tony Fair, Ben Smiley, Gio Paez
DE - 2 - ETHAN PIPERTy Robinson, Mosai Newsom, Stephon Wright
LB - 3 - GARRETT NELSON, Nick Henrich, Makobe Dean, Spencer Lytle, Ge'mon Eaford, JUCO Jermaine Johnson, Maninoa Tufono, Peni Naulu
CB - 2-3 - Javin Wright, Isaiah Essissima, Tiawan Mullen
S - 1-2 - Jalani Williams, Jalyn Phillips, Quinton Newsome, Cornelius Nunn

ATH - GARRETT SNODGRASSMarquis Wilson

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

15 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

I think we'll have a hard time selling grad transfers our depth chart. However, Juco's and HS recruits are a different story. 

At ILB?  We have 1 3 year starter returning, 1 JUCO that transferred in for the spring, and 2 underclassmen that haven't seen much game action and they are all learning a new system and only have a spring (15 practices) head start.  I don't know of many situations at other colleges that could be much better than that.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***