*** 2019 Recruiting ***

On 8/27/2018 at 4:40 PM, Caliborn72 said:

Hearing about how quickly injured players are falling behind in our practices makes me think we won’t see Canty or Watt ever again. A can’t miss recruit like Elijah Blades would probably have a route back to the team after juco, but Canty and Watt will be so behind in development in our system that I think we can easily recruit over them unless they blow up as juco recruits.

Don’t we have 3 starters who missed the spring?

32 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Sam McKewon said he'd be surprised if it's less than 30....

That seems to be a bit much.  I think it's possible that we could go over 30.  But I don't even think that's the most likely scenario, let along being surprised if it isn't what happens.

We have 15 commits and 8 open spots for 23 open spots right now.  So there would have to be 7 more guys leave to get to 30.  There are a few that would be likely candidates if they don't get in the rotation.  Seniors-Vainuku, Lee, Anderson; Juniors- Bradley, Thomas, Jefferson, Alexander, Dixon, Butler; That's 9 guys who aren't currently on the depth chart.  I'm sure some of them won't come back and there are always a couple younger guys that are surprise departures but you'd have to have most of that list leave to get there.  With as many guys that these coaches claim are going to get on the field - and especially if we start having good success - I'm not sure I see the number being that high.

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That seems to be a bit much.  I think it's possible that we could go over 30.  But I don't even think that's the most likely scenario, let along being surprised if it isn't what happens.

We have 15 commits and 8 open spots for 23 open spots right now.  So there would have to be 7 more guys leave to get to 30.  There are a few that would be likely candidates if they don't get in the rotation.  Seniors-Vainuku, Lee, Anderson; Juniors- Bradley, Thomas, Jefferson, Alexander, Dixon, Butler; That's 9 guys who aren't currently on the depth chart.  I'm sure some of them won't come back and there are always a couple younger guys that are surprise departures but you'd have to have most of that list leave to get there.  With as many guys that these coaches claim are going to get on the field - and especially if we start having good success - I'm not sure I see the number being that high.

30! Our local Ewok has spoken!

• Plus1 1
On 8/27/2018 at 4:16 PM, Ziebol said:

Martinez, Vedral, Bunch, McCaffery, Masker. 

I think they are set IMHO.

On 8/27/2018 at 4:23 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

If Bunch does well backing up Martinez this year, he may very well earn a scholarship for 2019.

Unless I forgot how to count, that’s still only four scholarship QBs.

A-Mart, Bunch, Vedral, McCaffrey

17 hours ago, Mavric said:

But, aren't you missing the point that Sean was making?  He said that we theoretically could have 13 recruits that would count towards 2018 in this class.  So, that would be above and beyond your "23" number.

Right?

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, aren't you missing the point that Sean was making?  He said that we theoretically could have 13 recruits that would count towards 2018 in this class.  So, that would be above and beyond your "23" number.

Right?

No because we still can only have 85 total.  Counting back to the previous year only allows us to go over 25 for this coming class but we can only go over 25 to the extent that gets us to 85 total.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

No because we still can only have 85 total.  Counting back to the previous year only allows us to go over 25 for this coming class but we can only go over 25 to the extent that gets us to 85 total.

Seems like this has to be explained to people every year, although it is quite early this time around.  

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***