*** 2019 Recruiting ***

GT highlights show a guy who is not much flash, North-South, and enjoys contact. Also appears to have good balance. 

Not a guy I would want to be seeing in the 4th quarter if I was an opposing defense. 

Edit: high school film shows some LB, but assuming he is being taken as RB. After watching some more, this guy will make you think twice after trying to tackle him the first time. 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmmm.....a kid that has already played one year of power 5 football at a major program .....put up 775 yards and was a freshman all American....and now is the number 1 JUCO RB....is a 3 Star at .87????

seems way off to me. 

JUCO guys are always lower-rated.  I've never really figured out why.  Best guess I've been able to come up with is they are (usually) only around for two years instead of three or four.  I suppose the (assumed) academic risk might play a part in it as well.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

JUCO guys are always lower-rated.  I've never really figured out why.  Best guess I've been able to come up with is they are (usually) only around for two years instead of three or four.  I suppose the (assumed) academic risk might play a part in it as well.

But....you are usually taking about a kid that hasn’t proven he can play at this level. 

This is kid has done that as a freshman. 

Rating systems are supposed to indicate how ready the kid is to play at this level.  If he isn’t an example of a 4 Star.....what is?

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But....you are usually taking about a kid that hasn’t proven he can play at this level. 

This is kid has done that as a freshman. 

Rating systems are supposed to indicate how ready the kid is to play at this level.  If he isn’t an example of a 4 Star.....what is?

He also proved he could get kicked off the team as a sophomore.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

He also proved he could get kicked off the team as a sophomore.

I'm sure there is some of that.

But, I tend to believe it's just laziness at the recruiting sites.  Proof of that is how many times does a JUCO player go completely unranked by these sites?  I think 247 is the only one that has ranked this kid so far.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, I tend to believe it's just laziness at the recruiting sites.  Proof of that is how many times does a JUCO player go completely unranked by these sites?  I think 247 is the only one that has ranked this kid so far.

Mills was a .8543 3 star player out of HS.  He had one pretty good year as a true freshman.  Then he only played 2 games as a JUCO sophomore.

He is now rated .8700

So while not a tremendous jump, he still went up in rankings.  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I do think they just don't spend as much time rating JUCOs.

21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Greg Bell was the #1 juco RB in regards to comp score and was still a 3* ...I've always enjoyed following the juco players and I'll say that Mills right now is better than Bell was last year, no questions. The thing about Bell is that he took a drastic change in his body during the off season. Be interesting to see what he can do this year for us