*** 2019 Recruiting ***

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:blink:

When we moved to a small town in central Nebraska from a more populated area, our friends asked...."But, what are you going to do in a small town?"  Well......our lives actually got busier.

For the record, just in our own small town, we have HS sports, a pumpkin patch, Movie theater for "shows", lakes for great fishing and water sports, hunting, hockey games 45 minutes away (probably less drive time than many in Chicago for sporting events) three bars, Hospital Benefit Ball this Saturday....bla bla bla bla.......

On any given Saturday, I could EASILY find something else to do for fun.

And....like someone said.....in LA, there are more people to go to all those things.  So.....the excuse is idiotic and tiresome.  

Yeah, I think we agree. I'm not saying there's more things to do quantity wise in bigger cities, I'm just saying there are more things to distract attention from one specific thing. Life is likely as busy if not busier in a small town, but the likelihood that you're doing the same thing as your neighbors or your town or gonna run into people you know is much much higher. 

Also far less of the populations of places like LA/NYC/Chicago/any major urban area are actually originally from there, which hurts fan devotion as well. 

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is now that Lindsay and Bell are gone the number for this class now sits at 30

And they think they'll still be able to take 20+ in the 2020 class.  Right now we have 17 seniors for 2019 - counting Mazour and Weinmaster - so 20 would seem pretty realistic.

If Honas counts this year as a redshirt it would be 16.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is now that Lindsay and Bell are gone the number for this class now sits at 30

And they think they'll still be able to take 20+ in the 2020 class.  Right now we have 17 seniors for 2019 - counting Mazour and Weinmaster - so 20 would seem pretty realistic.

I like this. 

35 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If we are taking 30, then getting 6-7 jucos would be good to help to balance the classes.

We could really use a plug and play juco WR (what Woodyard was supposed to be).

That's a good point.  Not sure about 6-7 but as we already have 3 another 1-2 would probably help.

Interestingly I've seen reports that we aren't a keen on taking a JUCO tackle anymore.  Not sure if that is even ligit but if it is I wonder if we just aren't finding a fit with when they can get here or what.

On 10/29/2018 at 8:25 AM, Mavric said:

20 commits right now.  24 open spots plus however many over-signs.  Word is we are taking 30.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCE, DARIEN CHASEWandale Robinson
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3-4 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, MICHAEL LYNN, BRYCE BENHART, Dohnovan West
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLAND

NT - 1-2 - JUCO TONY FAIR
DE - 2-3 - ETHAN PIPERMOSAI NEWSOM, Ty Robinson, Brant Banks
LB - 4-5 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, NICK HENRICH
CB - 2 - QUINTON NEWSOME, JAVIN WRIGHT, Tavian Mayo, Jarrad BakerNehemiah Pritchett
S - 2 - Jamel Starks, Noa Pola-Gates, Josh SanguinettiJUCO Markquese Bell

ATH - Zay Flowers

Early Enrollees: McCaffrey, Nance, Hickman, Bland, Fair, Nelson

OK....we are at 20 commits and looks like we want to take 30.  That leaves 10 players left to commit.

Wandale will commit tomorrow.  So, that leaves 9.

I'm sure we will get a few kids at the end that we aren't even hearing about right now.  So, who are the 5 players you think we have the biggest chance with after Wandale?

I still think we could get to that 22-23 number before the December signing day.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....we are at 20 commits and looks like we want to take 30.  That leaves 10 players left to commit.

I'm sure we will get a few kids at the end that we aren't even hearing about right now.  So, who are the 5 players you think we have the biggest chance with after Wandale?

I still think we could get to that 22-23 number before the December signing day.

Markquese Bell would be one that I'd really like and think we have a good shot at after MSU. Brant Banks was a name that was there for quite awhile but haven't heard about him in a while. Noa Pola-Gates still seems kind of out of reach for whatever reason to me.

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Javin Wright Commit takes us up to 22 in team rankings on 247.

We were there before Javin, but inches our total up. Wandale would move us to 21. Was looking at our total number of commits versus those in front of us and a few spots back. Found a name that surprised me a bit in front, Arkansas. I know that they have the same record as us pretty much. Just was surprised at how well they are recruiting. Their in-state talent pool looks phenomenal though this year. 

Hard for me to see us cracking top 20.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Depending on who you listen to, it sounds like we're in a good spot for Bell.  They continue to think we have a good shot at Robinson but it's hard to tell with how long he's drug it out.  I think we've helped ourselves a lot with Pola-Gates.  Might come down to if Alabama has a spot for him or not.

After that, I'm not really sure.  I thought we'd be pretty interested in a JUCO OT but the last report I saw was we've kind of backed off there.  Not sure why.

51 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Depending on who you listen to, it sounds like we're in a good spot for Bell.  They continue to think we have a good shot at Robinson but it's hard to tell with how long he's drug it out.  I think we've helped ourselves a lot with Pola-Gates.  Might come down to if Alabama has a spot for him or not.

After that, I'm not really sure.  I thought we'd be pretty interested in a JUCO OT but the last report I saw was we've kind of backed off there.  Not sure why.

I suppose they just think they have some guys in Jaimes, Farniok, Gaylord, Benhart, Anderson, Lynn.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

1. Bell - 90%

2. Banks - 65%

3. Gates - 45%

4. Mayo - 45%

5. Starks - 35%

Sleeper: Zay Flowers. I think if he actually visits and we want him he's ours. 

I think we'll see a lot of names pop up. 

• Plus1 1