Veepstakes

How is him being a moderate a bad thing? Building a big tent is the goal. It's what the Republicans would be doing if Trump didn't piss off a new voting bloc every time he opened his mouth.

They have no need to cater to BLM. She's made it clear that she stands with the black community in easing the burdens they face in today's world. Trump polled at 0% in two major battleground states recently.

As to the college proposal, that's an issue that actually matters to me. I spent way too much money to go to school to do what I want to do. I knew that going in, so I've got a plan to deal with it. But I don't think future generations, my younger brothers, my kids, their kids... should have to face the same burden I did. I'm not a fan of free tuition, but that being the official platform speaks to the fact that they recognize and intend to make a major push to address what I view as a very important issue. I may be wrong, but to my recollection, Trump has said f#ck-all about the enormity of the burden that is college tuition today.

• Fire 2

How is him being a moderate a bad thing? Building a big tent is the goal. It's what the Republicans would be doing if Trump didn't piss off a new voting bloc every time he opened his mouth.

They have no need to cater to BLM. She's made it clear that she stands with the black community in easing the burdens they face in today's world. Trump polled at 0% in two major battleground states recently.

As to the college proposal, that's an issue that actually matters to me. I spent way too much money to go to school to do what I want to do. I knew that going in, so I've got a plan to deal with it. But I don't think future generations, my younger brothers, my kids, their kids... should have to face the same burden I did. I'm not a fan of free tuition, but that being the official platform speaks to the fact that they recognize and intend to make a major push to address what I view as a very important issue. I may be wrong, but to my recollection, Trump has said f#ck-all about the enormity of the burden that is college tuition today.

I don't think being a moderate is a bad thing, but it won't go over well with the Democratic party which has moved so far left they would consider someone like Kaine a Republican. He won't please the Bernie and Warren ends of the party. As for BLM, let's hope they don't bring up that group, but something tells me they will at the DNC.

As for college education, I had a lot of loans too, and college is definitely an investment. I'm not sure if Trump will adopt Rubio's detailed plans for higher education, but the notion of free education is ridiculous, and Hillary now seems to support that idiotic idea.

We also don't know what this college tuition plan will look like when it makes it through Congress. The Obamacare the candidate spoke glowingly of campaigning was a long walk from the Obamacare we wound up getting.

If a similar process occurs, this policy may never result in free tuition, but could wind up doing a lot to ease the burden of education costs on future generations. That's worth efforting for, IMO.

As far as the progressive wing of the party, they're largely consolidated. Polls flesh this out, for the most part. I believe in consistent polling over intermittent studies saying "Half of Sanders voters will vote third party" ot whatever.

The ones that will vote third party were probably never Clinton voters in the first place. They were likely into Bernie for non-policy reasons, reliably underdog or anti-establishment voters, etc. Ones the Democratic party at large wouldn't count on anyway.

I'm feeling good as far as that goes. I'd probably pick Kaine even if he's boring, rather than pander to lost causes, since he's the best choice.

The ones that will vote third party were probably never Clinton voters in the first place. They were likely into Bernie for non-policy reasons, reliably underdog or anti-establishment voters, etc. Ones the Democratic party at large wouldn't count on anyway.

Yeah, for the life of me, I don't understand why, for example, a voter who cares about seeing the Paris climate initiatives not get torpedoed would vote for Gary Johnson.

But we all have different priorities, I guess.

Yeah, for the life of me, I don't understand why, for example, a voter who cares about seeing the Paris climate initiatives not get torpedoed would vote for Gary Johnson.

But we all have different priorities, I guess.

This is the first year since I started voting in 1976 that character issues have "trumped" policy issues for BOTH candidates. I trust an honest and rational person with good intel will make wise choices.