Veepstakes

^ Hillary is extremely boring. I remember when I thought this was going to be a Bush vs Clinton election and opining about how boring it would be to have those names again. Now I wish Bush had made it. He's a serious and capable.

Pence has said some seriously awful things in the past -- or at least, awful sounding to a progressive. I wonder how his stance might have shifted on some of them in the last fifteen years. That's a long time, and orthodoxies have shifted.

Kaine seems like an immensely reasonable pick. In the same way Merrick Garland was a finalist for a previous SCOTUS nomination, Kaine was a finalist for Obama's VP search in 2008. A Harvard Law product who fought against housing discrimination, and severed now at three levels of government. He seems very moderate, and very intelligent.

I keep hearing that progressives are likely to be ticked at his nomination, but really? Perhaps he's not a bleeding-heart progressive, but what's there to be really mad about?

^ Hillary is extremely boring. I remember when I thought this was going to be a Bush vs Clinton election and opining about how boring it would be to have those names again. Now I wish Bush had made it. He's a serious and capable.

Pence has said some seriously awful things in the past -- or at least, awful sounding to a progressive. I wonder how his stance might have shifted on some of them in the last fifteen years. That's a long time, and orthodoxies have shifted.

Kaine seems like an immensely reasonable pick. In the same way Merrick Garland was a finalist for a previous SCOTUS nomination, Kaine was a finalist for Obama's VP search in 2008. A Harvard Law product who fought against housing discrimination, and severed now at three levels of government. He seems very moderate, and very intelligent.

I keep hearing that progressives are likely to be ticked at his nomination, but really? Perhaps he's not a bleeding-heart progressive, but what's there to be really mad about?

I agree with you 100%. He's solid and I'm happy with her pick. I would have loved Warren or Bernie but that obviously wouldn't have been a good fit for many reasons. Now in 2020 I wonder if we're gonna see Liz ...

What makes Clinton not boring is that, at the very least, she does stupid things that make people question her ethics/morality. Or maybe they're calculated things.

But she would still do far less damage than Trump would, imo.

This situation is really depressing.

I agree with you 100%. He's solid and I'm happy with her pick. I would have loved Warren or Bernie but that obviously wouldn't have been a good fit for many reasons. Now in 2020 I wonder if we're gonna see Liz ...

She couldn't pick either of those two because they are too far left of where she wants to be. A lot of Bernie's idea's aren't plausible and Warren is just batsh#t crazy. Not to mention they would outshine her and she needs to be the focal point for better or worse. Which is also why Trump picked who he did, he needed to pander to the far right to get the GOP to unite. He couldn't have Newt saying more stupid crap then he is and take the spotlight away from him either.

• Fire 1

I need to read up more on Kaine, but I think it will be interesting to see if the undecided read up on Pence ... he's always going to be like milktoast behind Trump on stage, but his past voting history and opinions on issues is horrific on many that are important to folks, especially those who were supporting Bernie.

Here are some of my favs:

· Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. (Nov 2007)

· Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)

· Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion. (May 2011)

· Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)

· Voted YES on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)

· Sponsored bill to prohibit fed funding of Planned Parenthood. (Jan 2011)

· Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)

· Voted NO on enforcing against anti-gay hate crimes. (Apr 2009)

· Voted NO on $84 million in grants for Black and Hispanic colleges. (Mar 2006)

· Voted NO on enforcing limits on CO2 global warming pollution. (Jun 2009)

· Voted NO on tax incentives for renewable energy. (Feb 2008)

· Voted YES on speeding up approval of forest thinning projects. (Nov 2003)

· Voted NO on four weeks of paid parental leave for federal employees. (Jun 2009)

· Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)

· Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)

· Yes to Loosen restrictions on interstate gun purchases. (Oct 2011)

· No to Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

· Voted NO on giving mental health full equity with physical health. (Mar 2008)

Similar to when Chaney was around, and probably to an even greater degree he will be doing the US's business as the President would be incapable of doing so. One thing I can say I like (?) about Trump is that how he says he feels on issues may changes tomorrow, so there's a chance he'd support ideas that seem off the table right now. But Pence, he's a consistent, closed minded conservative that sits far, far to the right. Between that and Trumps/the republican party's platform I really don't see Bernie supporters swinging that way.

The leaked proof that the primary's were fixed is going to piss off the Bernie supporters and as I said in another thread will make them either stay home or vote for Trump. The DNC was calling them crazy for even bring up such a conspiracy theory, now we find out that it's true. I think this may hurt her even more than being protected when she wasn't indited and I didn't think that was possible.

I need to read up more on Kaine, but I think it will be interesting to see if the undecided read up on Pence ... he's always going to be like milktoast behind Trump on stage, but his past voting history and opinions on issues is horrific on many that are important to folks, especially those who were supporting Bernie.

Here are some of my favs:

· Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. (Nov 2007)

· Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman. (Jul 2006)

· Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion. (May 2011)

· Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)

· Voted YES on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)

· Sponsored bill to prohibit fed funding of Planned Parenthood. (Jan 2011)

· Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)

· Voted NO on enforcing against anti-gay hate crimes. (Apr 2009)

· Voted NO on $84 million in grants for Black and Hispanic colleges. (Mar 2006)

· Voted NO on enforcing limits on CO2 global warming pollution. (Jun 2009)

· Voted NO on tax incentives for renewable energy. (Feb 2008)

· Voted YES on speeding up approval of forest thinning projects. (Nov 2003)

· Voted NO on four weeks of paid parental leave for federal employees. (Jun 2009)

· Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)

· Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)

· Yes to Loosen restrictions on interstate gun purchases. (Oct 2011)

· No to Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

· Voted NO on giving mental health full equity with physical health. (Mar 2008)

Similar to when Chaney was around, and probably to an even greater degree he will be doing the US's business as the President would be incapable of doing so. One thing I can say I like (?) about Trump is that how he says he feels on issues may changes tomorrow, so there's a chance he'd support ideas that seem off the table right now. But Pence, he's a consistent, closed minded conservative that sits far, far to the right. Between that and Trumps/the republican party's platform I really don't see Bernie supporters swinging that way.

The leaked proof that the primary's were fixed is going to piss off the Bernie supporters and as I said in another thread will make them either stay home or vote for Trump. The DNC was calling them crazy for even bring up such a conspiracy theory, now we find out that it's true. I think this may hurt her even more than being protected when she wasn't indited and I didn't think that was possible.

Well I'm a Bernie supporter, as are many I know and that's not happening. I'm sure some may, but it's not the mass exodus that you're implying.

Pence's daughter is somehow nearly perfectly eclipsed by him in the mirror in this picture. People all across the internet hilariously presume she's a vampire, or photoshopped into the picture.

EvuD3ro.jpg

LMAO...that is freaky.

Had to stare at it again. I think you can see her chin under his jowl. Her wearing a white shirt made it really hard to see her too.