Veepstakes

Also hearing that Trump will pick Pence. Pence is really the perfect choice (after Kasich or Rubio). He's a bright guy, statesman-like, has good congressional and executive experience to complement Trump as an outsider, is from the midwest where the election will be decided, and is a true conservative which will help unite the party I believe.

Trump is against free trade, Pence is not

Trump said he was against the Iraq war, Pence voted for it

Trump seems to be fine with gay rights, Pence is strongly opposed

Seems like a good match

I think they'll partner well - since Trump is open to feedback and new ideas and is known for getting insight from people who might be knowledgeable about a topic.

• Fire 3

Seems like a good match

I think they'll partner well - since Trump is open to feedback and new ideas and is known for getting insight from people who might be knowledgeable about a topic.

Did you miss the sarcasm emoji?

For Pence to advise trump on these subjects, would be for Pence to tell him he's full of crap on major issues Trump has campaigned on. Well, I guess he's basically come out and said banning all muslims was just....."Haha.....just kidding". So, maybe he can do it on these issues too.

If he does that, I'm sure all his followers will just lap it up and completely ignore that he just did a completely 180 on his agenda during the primaries.

But...hey....he "tells it like it is".

Seems like a good match

For Pence to advise trump on these subjects, would be for Pence to tell him he's full of crap on major issues Trump has campaigned on. Well, I guess he's basically come out and said banning all muslims was just....."Haha.....just kidding". So, maybe he can do it on these issues too.

If he does that, I'm sure all his followers will just lap it up and completely ignore that he just did a completely 180 on his agenda during the primaries.

I think you missed my sarcasm emoji. I honestly don't know who he could work well with and who wouldn't absolutely be a 180 from all that he's claimed during this campaign (as that seems to evolve depending on his mood)

Seems like a good match

I think you missed my sarcasm emoji. I honestly don't know who he could work well with and who wouldn't absolutely be a 180 from all that he's claimed during this campaign (as that seems to evolve depending on his mood)

Faith restored in you. :thumbs

• Fire 2

Seems like a good match

Pretty much this. Pence has to completely shed any and all dignity and set aside his own personal stances on a lot of topics in order to hop onboard the Trump train. I guess he's willing to do that.

Some of this stuff, his hands are tied on. For instance, the GOP platform was written recently and wound up super anti-gay, supporting traditional marriage, guiding our public education with religion, building a "continuous" border wall along the southern border, and specifically replacing the language "illegal immigrants" in policy with "illegal aliens".

I had to laugh at the pathetically shallow attempts at mental gymnastics by those trying to moderate Trump's wall stance by calling it a "cyber wall" recently. Nope, turns out it's not a cyber wall, and it's right there in the platform.

They lurched hard to the right in their platform. Pence should be happy, but this isn't going to help them expand their base at all.

Probably still Tim Kaine. He's the safe choice.

Speaking of gymnastics, Kaine is more on the moderate end and won't appeal to the crazy left that the Democratic party has become. Hillary has already started to push for free education, and I'm sure she will come up with more giveaways to try to gain votes. I'm sure the Dems will find somewhere in their platform to prop up the divisive Black Lives Matter movement as well. We shall see.