Veepstakes

The media posts a ridiculous article, or a major POTUS candidate's son, as well as a Republican U.S. Senator, say a ridiculous thing?

The latter is obviously correct and the media posts what is stated. Can't blame the messenger on this one.

Coker and Trump said these things TO THE MEDIA. Its not like they were having a private discussion that the media wrote a story about.

yes agree. we are on the same page. :point

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just adding to your comment.

:thumbs

• Fire 1

It's literally the job of the media to report the news. Even if it's really stupid news. That's an artifact of the up to the second type of news culture we live in now.

It's hard to misrepresent someone when you wind up reporting what they say word for word. Now, analysts on cable news networks, when they start "interpreting" what just happened-- that's a horse of a different color. But of course opinion is going to be subjective.

It's literally the job of the media to report the news. Even if it's really stupid news. That's an artifact of the up to the second type of news culture we live in now.

It's hard to misrepresent someone when you wind up reporting what they say word for word. Now, analysts on cable news networks, when they start "interpreting" what just happened-- that's a horse of a different color. But of course opinion is going to be subjective.

That is exactly the issue.

A cable news network "reports" a story and then goes right into commentary. It is almost impossible to distinguish when the news stops and where the commentary begins.

There is such a thing as "tongue-in-cheek" in case you people don't get that.

It really doesn't matter what Donald Trump says, people will spin it the wrong way and try to bash him for anything. It's gonna be painful for all of you when he's elected.

You're right. He's totally a victim. Poor guy. Can't believe how much he's bullied ... oh wait ....

It really doesn't matter what Donald Trump says, people will spin it the wrong way and try to bash him for anything. It's gonna be painful for all of you when he's elected.

Ummm.....he's sitting at a 22% chance of winning.

Now, if he does some how figure out how to pull his head out of his ass or his foot out of his mouth, that might go up over the next 4 months....but I doubt it.

BUT....if he does happen to accomplish the impossible and get into office. I do agree with you. It will be painful. Not just for me or the few people on this board who see him for what he is. It will be painful for a lot of people.....even people who supported him.

But....hey....keep your head in the sand.

PS....can you tell me when you think he will start gaining in popularity to the point that he actually has a better chance of winning?

You're right. He's totally a victim. Poor guy. Can't believe how much he's bullied ... oh wait ....

You know why the guy is such a poor victim? Because he/they haven't figured out that what he/they says matters and saying stupid crap is going to be thrown right back in your face. That isn't being a poor victim. That's being an idiot that has no clue what he's doing.

PS...NM.....I know you know that. My comments are for the benefit of others.

I read this yesterday. It sounds like Newt really wants it The article does mention Pence as "very high" on the list.

(CNN) - Newt Gingrich is "actively lobbying" to be Donald Trump's running mate, a source familiar with the process told CNN Saturday.

The source added that Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is very high on Trump's VP list and is getting the "full vet." But Pence isn't actively lobbying for the job because it's not his style, the source added.
And retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn is also being considered as a Trump running mate, but the source said it is "not clear how intensely," an indication the general is on the list but may not get the final nod.
Sources have also said New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, an active surrogate for Trump, is not yet out of the running. He will campaign with Trump in Virginia on Monday, campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/09/politics/newt-gingrich-donald-trump-vice-president/​

Pence is/was all about free trade...

Before he became governor of Indiana and a candidate to be Donald Trump's vice-presidential nominee, Mike Pence was a congressman, and he voted for every free-trade agreement that came before him. That record, along with at least two votes favoring freer trade with China, puts him squarely at odds with Trump on one of the signature issues of the businessman's presidential campaign.

Pence has risen toward the top of Trump's running-mate list in recent days, according to media accounts and betting markets. On Sunday evening, PredictWise gave him a 43 percent chance of being chosen by Trump, more than double the chance for the next-highest contender, former House speaker Newt Gingrich.

Pence backed trade agreements with Colombia, South Korea, Panama, Peru, Oman, Chile and Singapore during his House tenure from 2001 through 2012. He voted for the Central American Free Trade Agreement, or CAFTA.

He voted to keep the United States in the World Trade Organization and to maintain permanent normal trade relations with China, the country Trump repeatedly criticizes for unfair trade practices and threatens with tariffs to boost U.S. job creation.

Pence also has publicly supported the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement of Pacific Rim nations, an agreement negotiated by the Obama administration which Trump opposes and has likened to rape.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/11/a-leading-candidate-to-be-donald-trumps-vice-president-is-totally-at-odds-with-him-on-a-major-issue/

I'm so disappointed by Trump's handling of the VP process.

I felt certain to strengthen his brand that he would have piggy backed a "The Apprentice" type show onto the convention. His pool of candidates would be split into two teams, the inside the belt and outside the belt and have to perform certain campaign related tasks and at the end of each episodes he would say his trademarked "Your fired". Maybe it would be on msnbc and he would make them pay for it. The big live reveal would be on Thursday at the convention.

So wait....

Donald Trump has campaigned heavily about how horrible our free trade agreements are and he's possibly close to bringing on a VP candidate who voted FOR every single one of them?

Let's not forget that Newt was a big supporter of NAFTA as well...

So wait....

Donald Trump has campaigned heavily about how horrible our free trade agreements are and he's possibly close to bringing on a VP candidate who voted FOR every single one of them?

What's better is Newt is more or less the same, and I saw this headline a couple weeks ago...

Gingrich reverses course on trade as Trump VP chatter swirls

The former House speaker, who helped pass NAFTA, tells POLITICO: ‘I basically agree with Trump’s speech on trade.’

He was/is ridiculously free trade. Newt seems to be willing to bend over backward to win this job. That's the laziest complete 180 I've ever seen.

For what it's worth, I follow the 538 guys on Twitter. Nate Silver thinks Pence is a safe choice and Newt is an absolutely garbage one.

The problem with Pence is almost no one knows who he is outside of Indiana, and that leaves plenty of room for liberals to define him. His anti-gay law in Indiana could catch him plenty of flack.