OWH: Sellout Streak Perspective

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Um.  Interesting picture choice.

Non-Nebraskans ALWAYS end up using this picture. Somehow they can't tell it's not a real photo, and when you look up 'Memorial Stadium Nebraska' it's always in the first 3-5 and all over the first 50 or so image results.

1 hour ago, wolfster255 said:

Have to say though, Nebraska's stadium has the worst seating for disabled individuals.  Almost an insult really.  If you think I'm exaggerating go and sit/stand there for a quarter and then imagine an entire game in that section.

I guess it depends on where you're talking about.  There is disabled seating all over the stadium.  

My guess is you just didn't really care for the view from there.  Which I can understand - I definitely have my preferences as well.  But most of the disabled seating I know about is pretty decent seats.

Were you at field level in the end zone?

12 hours ago, Landlord said:

Non-Nebraskans ALWAYS end up using this picture. Somehow they can't tell it's not a real photo, and when you look up 'Memorial Stadium Nebraska' it's always in the first 3-5 and all over the first 50 or so image results.

That's funny it shows up on the search results like that.  It looks like a cartoon to my eyes.

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

I guess it depends on where you're talking about.  There is disabled seating all over the stadium.  

My guess is you just didn't really care for the view from there.  Which I can understand - I definitely have my preferences as well.  But most of the disabled seating I know about is pretty decent seats.

Were you at field level in the end zone?

Yes.  The only benefits are rain protection and getting to watch the tunnel walk somewhat closely.  I don't want members to think I just came on here to complain about it lol.  Been reading here for a few years now - just didn't have much to add to what was already said.  A little bit of humor:  Back in the late 80's lived in Ft Lauderdale Fl.  Found out they had certain bars/lounges that were Husker places on Saturdays.  If they game wasn't televised, everybody chipped in to have someone call a relative or friend in Nebraska so they could put the receiver next to the radio.  Hey, it's all we had.  After each touchdown, they'd go to some corn herbicide commercial.  All the patrons would get a melancholy look on their faces.  After a couple of years, I did too.

56 minutes ago, wolfster255 said:

Yes.  The only benefits are rain protection and getting to watch the tunnel walk somewhat closely.  I don't want members to think I just came on here to complain about it lol.  Been reading here for a few years now - just didn't have much to add to what was already said.  A little bit of humor:  Back in the late 80's lived in Ft Lauderdale Fl.  Found out they had certain bars/lounges that were Husker places on Saturdays.  If they game wasn't televised, everybody chipped in to have someone call a relative or friend in Nebraska so they could put the receiver next to the radio.  Hey, it's all we had.  After each touchdown, they'd go to some corn herbicide commercial.  All the patrons would get a melancholy look on their faces.  After a couple of years, I did too.

Yeah, I've always thought those seats would suck. Definitely would be my least favorite seats in the stadium.

But I guess I wouldn't throw the whole thing under the bus. There are a lot of other places with seating that are much better. 

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'd like to see the original of this photo. No way there wasn't more white in the stadium.  It's not always entirely red like this.

Based on no video boards on the northwest and northeast side of the stadium, as well as the updated north endzone, we know it is between 2006 and 2009. When checking schedules, there are only a few teams that are green and yellow. Then, once you look at the visitor section in this pre-game photo you'll deduce it is Baylor from 2008.

http://www.huskers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&PALBID=23586

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Based on no video boards on the northwest and northeast side of the stadium, as well as the updated north endzone, we know it is between 2006 and 2009. When checking schedules, there are only a few teams that are green and yellow. Then, once you look at the visitor section in this pre-game photo you'll deduce it is Baylor from 2008.

http://www.huskers.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&PALBID=23586

Good sleuthing.  Where do you see the green & yellow?