Gun Control

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The right believes we need more guns to protect us from the government. 

Meanwhile, demonize someone who peacefully protests against government actions they feel are wrong. 

They believe everyone should stand at attention and praise the flag no matter what the government is doing. 

They believe the military is the most honorable arm of the government and don’t you dare ever disrespect them.....well, unless they get caught. 

They believe you should back law enforcement and don’t you dare protest against something they are doing. 

And this is the side that at some point is going to take up arms against the military and law enforcement that will be enforcing the government’s laws. 

There has been some major mental gymnastics that have gone on in political propaganda for quite some time. 

I’m taking it you don’t have many close friends who are conservative

echo chambers aren’t good

because the conservatives I know don’t all think alike or believe in all the things you suggest they do no matter how you twist it 

personally I’m totally cool with peaceful protests the left of course most  of them will turn a blind eye when those protests get violent or block my ability to pick up my child from daycare that is closing  or make me late for work 

i could care less if you stand and praise the flag or not

i do however back employers putting boundaries around what an employee can do when they are on the clock representing the employer and doing things that hurts that companies business

if I run an hvac company and my guy wants to wear a swastika and do a Nazi salute before every job- he can do that

just not on my time where it’s going to hurt my business

Not sure why you think we shouldn’t respect the military then hold them accountable when they do something wrong- that seems pretty darn sensible

not everything is black and white like you make it out to be 

3 hours ago, OTHusker said:

all of the major genocides were preceded by confiscating the weapons of the targeted populace

Since most of the major genocides happened before guns were available to the average person, there's no way this is true

1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

If you really think many  democrats and their willing accomplices in the media  do not have an end game goal of banning all guns then I guess you forgot about how our country was lied to to get something passed just recently: 

you can keep your plan and your doctor

average family costs will go down about $2500

we all know it’s the baby steps they think they can get to launch their end game 

heck pelosi and Schumer voted for money for the wall and changed their minds now that political winds might be shifting a bit 

btw the bill of rights was put in place to protect us all from the tyranny of the majority , it’s part of the absolute beauty of our system of governance 

This is a just a bunch of right-wing derp propaganda. It's designed to get people to hate and fear their political opponents. The Dems don't have some master plan to take all your guns.

It's actually the American people who want better gun control as has been posted several times in the last couple pages.

8 minutes ago, OTHusker said:

I’m taking it you don’t have many close friends who are conservative

echo chambers aren’t good

because the conservatives I know don’t all think alike or believe in all the things you suggest they do no matter how you twist it 

personally I’m totally cool with peaceful protests the left of course most  of them will turn a blind eye when those protests get violent or block my ability to pick up my child from daycare that is closing  or make me late for work 

i could care less if you stand and praise the flag or not

i do however back employers putting boundaries around what an employee can do when they are on the clock representing the employer and doing things that hurts that companies business

if I run an hvac company and my guy wants to wear a swastika and do a Nazi salute before every job- he can do that

just not on my time where it’s going to hurt my business

Not sure why you think we shouldn’t respect the military then hold them accountable when they do something wrong- that seems pretty darn sensible

not everything is black and white like you make it out to be 

:laughpound

i live in a a small town in central Nebraska. I think I’m the only one in my immediate family who isn’t a registered republican. 

I maybe could name two local friends of mine that didn’t vote for trump and still defend him till this day. 

Im not the one making everything black and white. 

• Plus1 1

And gosh darn it....don’t protest if it offends or inconveniences me. 

I really don’t have a problem with the NFL teams not hiring him. 

But....that’s not where that all started. It started with people from the right being offended and outraged that a football player dare to not stand for the anthem. After all, he must hate America, the military and anyone who sacrifices for this nation.

but, dad gummit....don’t take my guns away because I’ll need them to shoot the police and military. 

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Since most of the major genocides happened before guns were available to the average person, there's no way this is true

Ok so the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia where war had been raging since the 1940s didn’t have access to weapons ?

armenians coming home from ww1 had plenty of access to arms

in china they had been fighting against the Japanese since 1930s supplied by us and then civil war. There were arms available 

they were all disarmed in door to door confiscation programs

we have seen there need not be millions of weapons available in order for a small force to cause major issues and to be a deterrent: 

iraq

syria

afghanistan

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And gosh darn it....don’t protest if it offends or inconveniences me. 

I really don’t have a problem with the NFL teams not hiring him. 

But....that’s not where that all started. It started with people from the right being offended and outraged that a football player dare to not stand for the anthem. After all, he must hate America, the military and anyone who sacrifices for this nation.

but, dad gummit....don’t take my guns away because I’ll need them to shoot the police and military. 

Do you really think in your heart of hearts that if whites were protesting against black violence against whites in a black neighborhood and blocking roads so people couldn’t work or drop their kids off that those on the other side wouldn’t be pissed ?

Boycott

Peaceful protest fine more power To you 

Stopping  peoile from working or picking their kids up 

not cool 

2 hours ago, OTHusker said:

If you think

cnn

nbc

msnbc

facebook

twitter 

google 

arent biased you have your head in the sand 

havent you read about the lies Dan rather told 

you do know that clintonista popanapolous is with cnn as was Donna brazille and many many many democratic donors, sympathizers and operatives 

its a joke 

my goodness just look at the party affiliation and donations 

Dude I made a perfectly kind, respectful attempt to engage with you.  This was your response.  YOUR head is in the sand.  I mentioned none of these.  

Numerous people have tried to share unbiased sources and sites with you and you're too obtuse to actually respond to comments directly, instead you just blurt out talking points that have nothing to do with the post.  I'm all set.

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Dude I made a perfectly kind, respectful attempt to engage with you.  This was your response.  YOUR head is in the sand.  I mentioned none of these.  

Numerous people have tried to share unbiased sources and sites with you and you're too obtuse to actually respond to comments directly, instead you just blurt out talking points that have nothing to do with the post.  I'm all set.

Dude

when you only cite Fox News and Washington examiner as your only examples of biased news 

that just isn’t honest imo

1 hour ago, OTHusker said:

Do you really think in your heart of hearts that if whites were protesting against black violence against whites in a black neighborhood and blocking roads so people couldn’t work or drop their kids off that those on the other side wouldn’t be pissed ?

Boycott

Peaceful protest fine more power To you 

Stopping  peoile from working or picking their kids up 

not cool 

I didn’t realize that Colin kappernick prevented people from going to work or picking up their kids or doing anything else they wanted to do?

and.....I understand your point though.

protest as long as it doesn’t offend or inconvenience you. 

4 hours ago, OTHusker said:

I’m against banning “assault” type weapons

if you look at the real facts they make up a tiny tiny fraction of gun deaths 

there Is a lot of slippery slope in what many are suggesting

checking someone’s Facebook page to see if they made a comment or 2 critical of our government as a criteria for gun ownership?

if you think that’s far fetched I guess you didn’t read about how the irs treated conservatives using bare knuckled tactics mayor Daley would have applauded 

you really think this couldn’t be abused?

that regular folks who don’t agree with the government or the party in power could be singled out to not be allowed to own guns?

wow

Because assault style weapons are used in mass shootings. Name one mass shooting in the US that the perpetrator used a handgun? This is why the issue of gun control came up in the first place. It isnt because this gang member shot that gangmember. Its mass shootings. Schools, concerts, clubs, movie theatres. And if you dont care about fixing that issue than there is something seriously wrong with you. 

• Fire 1
41 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Because assault style weapons are used in mass shootings. Name one mass shooting in the US that the perpetrator used a handgun? This is why the issue of gun control came up in the first place. It isnt because this gang member shot that gangmember. Its mass shootings. Schools, concerts, clubs, movie theatres. And if you dont care about fixing that issue than there is something seriously wrong with you. 

Virginia tech 

• Plus1 1