Gun Control

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

Never said they were equal, just on equal footing in tactics.  They both promote fear, that was the original response to your question.  Nothing to really debate, they both use fear.  Just a fact.

No, the original premise was that the NRA was designated in California as a terrorist group.  That was done because they promote violence and gain power by that violence and the fear that comes from it. (that's pretty much the definition of terrorism)

You, in a strange sort of way, are trying to convince me that the anti NRA group is just as much a terrorist group because they want to stop the violence and they do that by reporting on the violence and how bad it is. 

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone using peaceful/non-violent terrorist tactics.

Interesting.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, the original premise was that the NRA was designated in California as a terrorist group.  That was done because they promote violence and gain power by that violence and the fear that comes from it. (that's pretty much the definition of terrorism)

You, in a strange sort of way, are trying to convince me that the anti NRA group is just as much a terrorist group because they want to stop the violence and they do that by reporting on the violence and how bad it is. 

This is the first time I've ever heard of someone using peaceful/non-violent terrorist tactics.

Interesting.

That's an interesting interpretation, but no, that's not at all what I'm doing.  I'm not trying to convince you of anything, what would be the point of that?

If you can define what the NRA is doing as terrorism then we can define what the anti NRA crowd is doing as promoting fear?  If all we are doing is hanging banners for loose definitions of words.  You asked who else besides the NRA is promoting fear, I gave an honest response.  No agenda here.

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

That's an interesting interpretation, but no, that's not at all what I'm doing.  I'm not trying to convince you of anything, what would be the point of that?

If you can define what the NRA is doing as terrorism then we can define what the anti NRA crowd is doing as promoting fear?  If all we are doing is hanging banners for loose definitions of words.  You asked who else besides the NRA is promoting fear, I gave an honest response.  No agenda here.

No, this is exactly what I said:

Which other one is feeding off of violence, promoting it and creating the fear around violence in the US for their own benefit?

Only one side is promoting the violence.  The other one is trying to stop the violence.

Not anywhere close to the same thing.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

One is trying to preserve their existence and fat wallets.  The other is trying to kill the NRA by promoting fear.  Bringing down the NRA doesn't stop gun violence.

But...only one is actually promoting that violence...and...OBTW....at least partly funded by a foreign advisory that gains power by weakening us.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So.....Americans are just as bad as ISIS because we speak out against their violence.

Depends who you ask.

Sorry, I'm not big on using people dying to push an agenda.  I don't like it when the NRA sits quiet and pushes the idea of making gun purchases easier.  I also don't like it when people who are just opposed to anyone owning a gun use other people's unnecessary deaths to push their agenda.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Redux said:

Depends who you ask.

Sorry, I'm not big on using people dying to push an agenda.  I don't like it when the NRA sits quiet and pushes the idea of making gun purchases easier.  I also don't like it when people who are just opposed to anyone owning a gun use other people's unnecessary deaths to push their agenda.

So....we can't talk about gun deaths because if we do, we are using the same tactics as the gun producers that are selling the tools to use in those deaths.

Interesting.  

29 minutes ago, Redux said:

Depends who you ask.

Were not even talking about a VERY small minority wanting to completely take guns away.  We cant even get background checks which 90% of Americans are in favor of for Christ sake. 

50 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Were not even talking about a VERY small minority wanting to completely take guns away.  We cant even get background checks which 90% of Americans are in favor of for Christ sake. 

Not even sure what this is in response to?  I'm in favor of background checks AND waiting periods.

37 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Only if you can provide proof of an organized, funded effort to do so with a group name that also lobbies congress with hundreds of millions of dollars.

Then I'll agree with your position.  Because evidence.  If you can't provide that...it's just conjecture.

You want proof of anti NRA and anti Gun groups promoting violence as a scare tactic to ensure results?  Okay

http://www.google.com

2 hours ago, Redux said:

Never said they were equal, just on equal footing in tactics.  They both promote fear, that was the original response to your question.  Nothing to really debate, they both use fear.  Just a fact.

I kinda see what you are saying here - but isn’t there a different reason on the “whys”?   The is no group opposite the NRA that is working so hard to regulate guns or we’d have them regulated already. Or st least it would be debated more heatedly on the hill.

i mean, yes they’re both using fear as a motivator, but one is to stop the deaths of innocents and the other is to make money.