Gun Control

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

That case sounded a lot like cold blooded murder. Weird to put this case in an open-carry debate, especially since she was a cop. 

I agree to the "cold blooded murder" part. 

But I don't think it is out of line to put in the open-carry debate.  If a cop is capable of "accidentally" killing innocent people with a gun, wouldn't it be logical to assume that any joe schmo would be just as likely, if not more, to make the same mistakes?

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Waldo said:

That case sounded a lot like cold blooded murder. Weird to put this case in an open-carry debate, especially since she was a cop.  

But it wasn't murder. It was a person who has WAY more training than a regular citizen having access to a gun and using it inappropriately.

If we can't trust trained professionals not to make mistakes, why should we trust poorly-trained civilians with open carry?

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

But it wasn't murder. It was a person who has WAY more training than a regular citizen having access to a gun and using it inappropriately.

If we can't trust trained professionals not to make mistakes, why should we trust poorly-trained civilians with open carry?

It wasn’t?

If she truly thought she was in her apartment, she has the legal right to use her weapon on an intruder. Obviously, that wasn’t the case, but public open carry isn’t the same as the castle doctrine. (Maybe turn a light on)

Also, people will always make mistakes, trained or not. I’m not a fan of Gun Slinging Joe carrying in McDonalds, as I don’t trust them and things will probably go wrong more often than not. But the private vs public makes it a different argument.  But reading the tweet again, I don’t really disagree. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

I do not believe she purposely went into that apartment to purposely shoot him.  So, no, I don’t believe it was cold blooded murder.

There is is a lot that doesn’t make sense. But, I don’t believe she all of a sudden said, I’m going to go kill that guy.

She somehow screwed up and the evening ended up in tragedy. 

She was a trained professional and that happened....so, I believe it belongs in this thread.   

I also believe that she needs to be held accountable for the tragedy. 

• Fire 1
10 hours ago, knapplc said:

A jury disagreed.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I do not believe she purposely went into that apartment to purposely shoot him.  So, no, I don’t believe it was cold blooded murder.

There is is a lot that doesn’t make sense. But, I don’t believe she all of a sudden said, I’m going to go kill that guy.

She somehow screwed up and the evening ended up in tragedy. 

She was a trained professional and that happened....so, I believe it belongs in this thread.   

I also believe that she needs to be held accountable for the tragedy. 

Shooting someone who's sitting on a couch eating ice cream is murder in my book no matter how you slice it. Especially since she had to walk into the wrong apartment and not notice everything in that apartment wasn't hers when she opened the door.

7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

A jury disagreed.

Shooting someone who's sitting on a couch eating ice cream is murder in my book no matter how you slice it. Especially since she had to walk into the wrong apartment and not notice everything in that apartment wasn't hers when she opened the door.

I don’t believe the case is as cut and dry as you think. 

But, I don’t have an explanation. 

What’s the motive? Why would she do this? 

46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

shot in the mouth and chest.   seems like a message that he shouldn't have talked.    is it rogue elements of dallas pd or a racists who did this?    it doesn't feel like a random act of violence or a mugging gone bad.   

• Plus1 3
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I thought Booker actually came off as very reasonable here. Definitely not "I'm comin' fer yer guns" guy.

Meghan McCain, on the other hand, didn't come off as well, I thought. Seemed combative and almost aggrieved to me.

Yeah - it was Wednesday, that's Meghan's deal.  She' really is challenging to listen to.  It's an embarrassment that they keep giving her a platform.  I mean seriously, can you imagine being so bitter and mean?  It really stood out when Booker said she should be careful using words like "crazy" to describe someone.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...