Gun Control

12 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I would much rather have my AR but am confident I could make it work with a multitude of firearms. If we want to address mass shootings like you mentioned and only 15 mass shooting deaths annually are attributed to the AR15 how big of a difference does that actually make? Now if we want to talk gun violence in general we need to address all guns and how to decrease gun violence in general and not just mass shootings. This becomes a very multi layered issue and I am confident we could come to a multitude of agreements around a multitude of contributing factors and ways in which to attempt to reduce said gun violence by addressing them. 

You've said that twice now.  How is that acceptable?  

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

We accept all kinds of deaths will happen in the society we live in.  

Do those deaths have the same psychological impact on our society as pinning down our kids and plucking them off, one by one?  Are the other deaths as senseless?  Do those other deaths include innocent victims who were going about their daily, mundane lives?  

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Comments like this are why when conservatives say they are “pro life” it holds about as much weight as a fart in the wind. 

Being pro life and accepting that death happens in a wide variety of ways have nothing to do with each other. Continue farting in the wind if you choose. Consider downwind. 

19 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Are the other deaths as senseless?  Do those other deaths include innocent victims who were going about their daily, mundane lives?  

Yes some are 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s kinda sorta why we have laws.  To punish the bad people who commit those internist deaths if they are inflicted upon someone else.  

And some laws prohibit ownership of dangerous things - like certain wild animals, and unnecessary guns.

1 hour ago, commando said:

i like to use my flamethrower for home defense.  point it in the general direction and let it go....can't miss.  that's if they get by the claymores i have set up around the yard.

I prefer my Phalanx system. I mean, yeah - the neighbors' houses get shot to hell by that thing, but intruders don't stand a chance. Thanks, 2A!