Gun Control

44 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I really wish we would prioritize the right for a kid to live past 5 over the right to own a gun. 

Makes me think of how it's pretty amazing that gun rights activists (many of whom are also pro-life, right-to-life folks) often fail to acknowledge the prevalent hypocrisy between these two ideals.

They'll do everything they can to get you into this world while simultaneously supporting gun rights and gun policies that work pretty hard to take you out of it.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Enhance said:

Makes me think of how it's pretty amazing that gun rights activists (many of whom are also pro-life, right-to-life folks) often fail to acknowledge the prevalent hypocrisy between these two ideals.

They'll do everything they can to get you into this world while simultaneously supporting gun rights and gun policies that work pretty hard to take you out of it.

There is actually zero hypocrisy, an apple isn't a kumquat.

I personally find it amazing the hypocrisy of the pro-abortion crowd when they feign concern over mass shootings, human trafficked (sexually abused or murdered) illegal immigrants, human rights, etc.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Calls on congress? I thought he was taking executive action on this stuff.

That would be unconstitutional.

China Joe really should be more concerned about keeping guns out of the hands of his drug addict son and the illegal actions of his uber-trash daughter in law.  Why is Hunter not in jail for the felony he committed when he falsified federal firearms purchase paperwork? Why is his DIL not in prison for throwing an illegally purchased firearm into an easily accessible trash receptacle?

Also, why hasn't the dark actor who sent in the Secret Service to scrub Hunter's firearm mess been unmasked and why is that person not in prison?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

That's almost as perplexing as the people clamoring for the well being of illegal alien children while at the same time supporting abortion rights.  It's okay to kill unborn U.S. children, but it's untenable to hold children abandoned by their illegal alien parents in hotel suites.  Weird, huh?  

• Plus1 2

Before I comment on this, I will say that I am definitely for common sense reform with the regards to guns and gun safety. 

But, as to your comment about perceived hypocrisy of those two outlooks. It might have something to do with the fact that in 2018 (latest year I could find stats for both) there were 619,591 abortions in the US, and 39,740 deaths from firearms...of which 61% (24,242) were self inflicted. So, of the 15,498 deaths caused by others, of those 13,958 were considered homicide. Roughly 3,400 were children ages 4-18

All numbers could and should be less, and common sense reform would help mitigate some of those stats. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScarletRevival said:

There is actually zero hypocrisy, an apple isn't a kumquat.

I disagree.

Any conservative who claims they're pro-life while simultaneously supporting this country's gun culture and looser gun regulation is operating under an incredible convenience in ideologies. Basically, the child deserves to be born, but if that child gets killed in a drive-by shooting thanks to our lax gun policies and obsessive gun culture... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 3
20 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I disagree.

Any conservative who claims they're pro-life while simultaneously supporting this country's gun culture and looser gun regulation is operating under an incredible convenience in ideologies. Basically, the child deserves to be born, but if that child gets killed in a drive-by shooting thanks to our lax gun policies and obsessive gun culture... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IMO, Any person who is concerned for lives lost during a gun related crime but is pro abortion and willing to accept a fortyfold more amount of lives lost because of abortion probably should stay out of the concern for lives debate.  (Not directing at you, but anyone who espouses those thoughts). 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, ScarletRevival said:

That would be unconstitutional.

China Joe really should be more concerned about keeping guns out of the hands of his drug addict son and the illegal actions of his uber-trash daughter in law.  Why is Hunter not in jail for the felony he committed when he falsified federal firearms purchase paperwork? Why is his DIL not in prison for throwing an illegally purchased firearm into an easily accessible trash receptacle?

Also, why hasn't the dark actor who sent in the Secret Service to scrub Hunter's firearm mess been unmasked and why is that person not in prison?

Wrong GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I disagree.

Being pro-2nd Amendment isn't being pro-murder. There are hundreds of millions of legally purchased firearms in this country that are never used to take a life.

I don't know of any abortion that has been performed that hasn't resulted in the taking of a life.

The ending of a life is really the only function of an abortion.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ScarletRevival said:

Being pro-2nd Amendment isn't being pro-murder. There are hundreds of millions of legally purchased firearms in this country that are never used to take a life.

I'm not saying it is; however, there's no denying this country's gun culture and lax approach to gun legislation is directly correlated to the sheer volume of gun violence and deaths we experience. We have a cultural obsession and problem with guns and it goes far beyond just supporting the 2nd Amendment.

The ending of a life is really the only function of an abortion.

The same goes for guns. Their purpose is to kill. They weren't invented to shoot at paper targets or clay pigeons.

• Fire 1
28 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I'm not saying it is; however, there's no denying this country's gun culture and lax approach to gun legislation is directly correlated to the sheer volume of gun violence and deaths we experience. We have a cultural obsession and problem with guns and it goes far beyond just supporting the 2nd Amendment.

I'll agree that it goes far beyond the 2nd Amendment. It's mental health, which is a real issue that this country still has a long ways to go to get under control, so to speak.

The same goes for guns. Their purpose is to kill. They weren't invented to shoot at paper targets or clay pigeons.

Not true at all. Some guns are manufactured specifically for target shooting.  Some are used specifically for industrial purposes. Sure those arms CAN end a life, but so can any vehicle, knife, hammer, screwdriver, katana, brick, etc.

The fact still remains that there are hundreds of millions of guns that never have, nor ever will be used in ending a human life. I have never heard of an abortion that doesn't end a life.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Gun owners had better come to the table and start talking about controlling these things or they're going to lose them entirely.

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Gun owners had better come to the table and start talking about controlling these things or they're going to lose them entirely.

How about they enforce the thousands of gun laws that are currently on the books. They can start with tossing the drug addicted felon Hunter in the pokey.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

...the tables?...

Just kidding. I doubt that would ever happen given the sheer numbers alone. Around 43% of all US households own at least one firearm.

How do you see that playing out? Not arguing just curious