Gun Control

5 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

"Whether it's a 9mm pistol, or it's a rifle"

He said weapons that can fire 120 rounds...not sure where you find those? This is more gobbledygook word salad, but the emphasis was there. He also singles out outlaw dealers...but in reality those sales account for a miniscule portion of sales in the US.

I am 100% in favor of sensible legislation, but stuff like this just feeds the staunch 2A folks, and nothing meaningful will come if this is the opening gambit.

He was clear that he was talking about guns that are capable of shooting an excessive amount of rounds…”whether they are 9mm pistols or it’s a rifle.”

The staunch 2a folks are going to get worked up over anything. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

He was clear that he was talking about guns that are capable of shooting an excessive amount of rounds…”whether they are 9mm pistols or it’s a rifle.”

The staunch 2a folks are going to get worked up over anything. 

My point was more towards you can fire 120 rounds with a shotgun, if you reload quickly enough. First, and in my eyes rightly so, the "assault rifles" (capable of holding 30 round clips) needs to be addressed. Start there, and pass something meaningful before trying others. 

What do you think about the "rogue dealer" aspect? That does not seem meaningful, given the low numbers involved. 

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

My point was more towards you can fire 120 rounds with a shotgun, if you reload quickly enough. First, and in my eyes rightly so, the "assault rifles" (capable of holding 30 round clips) needs to be addressed. Start there, and pass something meaningful before trying others. 

What do you think about the "rogue dealer" aspect? That does not seem meaningful, given the low numbers involved. 

I’m for enforcing all current gun laws, even if it means only a handful of dealers end up getting arrested.

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Yep me too...but how does that relate to Biden's plan and what he made reference to last night? 

Granted,I only listened to what was in the tweet you shared.  But in that snippet he talked about making sure ATF had appropriate funding to crack down on illegal sales.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the Link. I think it is admirable that she wants to engage all involved in common sense reform.

"The last sitting CDC director to make strong public statements about gun violence was Dr. David Satcher, who served in the position from 1993 to 1998."

"In 2018, then President Donald Trump signed a government spending bill that allowed the CDC to conduct gun violence research, and in 2020 and 2021 Congress agreed to millions of dollars for gun violence research for the first time in decades, allocating $25 million split between the CDC and the US National Institutes of Health."

"Generally, the word gun, for those who are worried about research in this area, is followed by the word control, and that's not what I want to do here," she added. "I'm not here about gun control. I'm here about preventing gun violence and gun death." She said she doesn't want people to think she is trying to take away their guns."
"This is not a conversation about having them or not having them. This is a conversation about how we can make them being here safe," she said. "The research that we intend to do is going to be squarely about making America safe. Making people safe." She invited gun owners to be part of the solution."
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...