Gun Control

I feel numb to the fact that plenty of reasonable solutions exist to prevent tragedies like this and the gun cult in our country simply won't let them happen. I was going to post my thoughts on what those should be... but I've had to do it so many times now (in response to horrific situations like this) that I barely have the interest anymore.

These gun cultists and virtually uncompromising 2nd Amendment supporters have long proven through their actions that these types killings are agreeable enough consequences in exchange for their rights.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, commando said:

the far right doesn't care how many school children are killed by gun violence.....they need those guns for the civil war they are planning.

I think it's not even just the far right. Most conservatives have long been obstinate to serious legislative and cultural gun reform.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think it's not even just the far right. Most conservatives have long been obstinate to serious legislative and cultural gun reform.

whenever something like this happens the GOP responds with something like this

1 minute ago, commando said:

worth watching

As a Bulls fan, I like Kerr.  But he is wrong.

Background checks don't matter.  I have a friend who has been in the loony bin twice...he still gets guns.  Getting rid of guns is all that matters.

Single shot musket type guns is all that should be sold, period. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

As a Bulls fan, I like Kerr.  But he is wrong.

Background checks don't matter.  I have a friend who has been in the loony bin twice...he still gets guns.  Getting rid of guns is all that matters.

Single shot musket type guns is all that should be sold, period. 

background checks are a bare minimum that should be able to be passed...but even that is too much for the GOP

6 minutes ago, commando said:

background checks are a bare minimum that should be able to be passed...but even that is too much for the GOP

Like I said, it doesn't even matter.

I know more D's than I do R's that are into guns.  So do you I imagine.  In fact, most of my friends are R's and not one owns a gun or has ever shot one.

The background check is not relevant. 

My idea, single shot musket type guns only, that works.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I know more D's than I do R's that are into guns.  So do you I imagine.  In fact, most of my friends are R's and not one owns a gun or has ever shot one.

i will vote for you if you can get that law passed.  muzzle loaders would make mass shootings a bit more difficult since it takes about 20-30 seconds to reload if you are well trained 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, commando said:

i will vote for you if you can get that law passed.  muzzle loaders would make mass shootings a bit more difficult since it takes about 20-30 seconds to reload if you are well trained 

Yep!

A badass civil war soldier could get off 3 shots in a 60 seconds.

My thoughts...all guns should be at least 5 feet long and musket loading only.

If you have another gun in your possession, you and your family go to prison, regardless of age, for X amount of years. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

No offense, but none of this makes any sense. Background checks do matter, but they’re just a part of what needs to be done.  There’s many other things that need to be done, but currently are not.  I don’t know your friends, but  R’s clearly outnumber D’s on gun control resistance and it’s not even close.  Guns aren’t going away.  It’s unfortunate, but just not realistic.