Gun Control

8 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I hope they make us take these classes and then equip us with the "laser disc" of guns...you know...to save the district some money and then of course...no pay raise because that is for firefighters.  

Good lord, so many of "you" are already insane when it comes to teachers/education...could you imagine what it will be like if we start arming educators?  

"What...Mr. S only has a 6-shooter???  What kind of pansy a$$ llibby b!^@h is teaching you math!!!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If you guys all agree to support a 20,000 dollar (school)year end bonus, for each teacher in the school, if we teachers agree to be armed and if the school stays safe for that year, I am totally in.

Think what some of "you" are asking of us...20,000 is a freaking deal.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure teddy….that’s. it. 

This is actually really true and we preach this like crazy at my school.

We are not allowed to prop a door open even if we are standing there just waiting for someone, like literally standing there at the door.

It is like the deadbolt on my front door, it works way better when it is locked.

And trust me, I am not victim blaming, I am huge anti-gun and no one needs one and if you have one you should get rid of it or go to jail...

but lock your freaking doors too.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure teddy….that’s. it. 

JFC that plasmodial slime mold is an idiot.  The solution now is harden schools?  Kids going to school feeling like their under siege?  I get school security but he completely misses the root of the problem.   

• Plus1 3
44 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is actually really true and we preach this like crazy at my school.

We are not allowed to prop a door open even if we are standing there just waiting for someone, like literally standing there at the door.

It is like the deadbolt on my front door, it works way better when it is locked.

And trust me, I am not victim blaming, I am huge anti-gun and no one needs one and if you have one you should get rid of it or go to jail...

but lock your freaking doors too.

The door should have been locked. But, that’s not why this happened. 

• Plus1 1

How does an 18 year old kid get to a point where he shoots his grandmother, 19 kids and two teachers? I can’t wrap my head around it. Maybe because my boys are this age and I know so many teenagers, it seems unreal that any of them would do something like this. Two in a week.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Ooo, I'm excited to see Archy spin this into how Jesus wouldn't be against killing children because of gun rights.

Sorry to burst your excitement bubble.  

12 minutes ago, nic said:

How does an 18 year old kid get to a point where he shoots his grandmother, 19 kids and two teachers? I can’t wrap my head around it. Maybe because my boys are this age and I know so many teenagers, it seems unreal that any of them would do something like this. Two in a week.

Great question 

So much for the right-wing lie of "good guy with a gun."

This was one 18 year old with a couple of assault rifles. They were trained law enforcement officers.

The whole 2nd Amendment gun cult in this country is built on lies. "Molon labe" pencil dicks with less courage than a kid amped up by 4chan.

Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Onlookers urged police officers to charge into the Texas elementary school where a gunman’s rampage killed 19 children and two teachers, witnesses said Wednesday, as investigators worked to track the massacre that lasted upwards of 40 minutes and ended when the 18-year-old shooter was killed by a Border Patrol team.

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers soon after the attack began, said Juan Carranza, 24, who saw the scene from outside his house, across the street from Robb Elementary School in the town of Uvalde. Carranza said the officers did not go in.

Javier Cazares, whose fourth grade daughter, Jacklyn Cazares, was killed in the attack, said he raced to the school when he heard about the shooting, arriving while police were still massed outside the building.

Upset that police were not moving in, he raised the idea of charging into the school with several other bystanders.

“Let’s just rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything like they are supposed to,” he said. “More could have been done.”

“They were unprepared,” he added.

Minutes earlier, Carranza had watched as Ramos crashed his truck into a ditch outside the school, grabbed his AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle and shot at two people outside a nearby funeral home who ran away uninjured.

He then exchanged fire with a school district security officer, ran inside and fired on two arriving Uvalde police officers who were outside the building, said Texas Department of Public Safety spokesperson Travis Considine. All the law enforcement officers were injured, he said.

Hours later, Considine said authorities did not know for sure whether the school officer exchanged gunfire with Ramos. Law enforcement officials have also issued sometimes-contradictory statements about the length of Ramos’ rampage.

After entering the school, Ramos charged into one classroom and began to kill, a law enforcement official said.

He “barricaded himself by locking the door and just started shooting children and teachers that were inside that classroom,” Lt. Christopher Olivarez of the Department of Public Safety told CNN. “It just shows you the complete evil of the shooter.”

All those killed were in the same classroom, he said.

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said “40 minutes or so” elapsed from when Ramos opened fire on the school security officer and when the SWAT-like Border Patrol team shot him.

A law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said the Border Patrol agents had trouble breaching the classroom door and had to get a staff member to open the room with a key. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the ongoing investigation.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

The poverty of soullessness that makes people vote for politicians who continue to block gun control in this country. It's inhuman.

It has to be you, talking about your kid like this, before you realize how foolish you are, doesn't it?