Gun Control

Lots of angst about this comment from Biden on 9mm weapons...he did not say to ban them, although implied they are not needed for self defense or hunting. Of course Biden himself never seems sure of what he is saying or implying. :) Several  years ago in Colorado when the Dems took over and Hickenlooper was Gov, they tried passing gun legislation that would have banned most 9mm weapons that had more ammo than 6 or 8 rounds. I cannot remember where the legislation started. Hickenlooper made compromises and the number of rounds went up, but not before there was a mass buying spree of all guns that were about to become illegal. 

"So the idea of these high-caliber weapons is of — there’s simply no rational basis for it in terms of thinking about self-protection, hunting.  I mean, I just — and remember, the Constitution, the Second Amendment was never absolute.  You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed.  You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weapons."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/05/30/remarks-by-president-biden-after-marine-one-arrival-10/

His preceding remark was asking a doctor about what makes 9mm weapons so deadly. 

24 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

that police force has got to be the biggest f#&%ing joke of a police force in the country.  and it keeps getting worse.   the way it's going i wouldn't be shocked if we find out the gunman killed himself and some kids died from police bullets.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So now it looks like teachers are supposed to 

Teach

Parent

Raise

Console

Discipline

Feed

Nurture

and kill bad guys

Oh but we get summers off so we should stop complainaing and stuff.

You'll be required to take down the same assailant toting an AR-15 that the cops are afraid of engaging with all their training, weapons, and body armor. Good luck.   Enjoy your summers.  

• Haha 2

Yeah, fend off a bad guy while keeping the class calm and answering emails from parents about why I told Timmy to put his phone away during class...

And getting yelled at by adminstration for it being "loud" in the classroom...

But hey, we get a jeans day once a month!

Also, Ukraine needs 50 billion dollars...not our education system. 

• Plus1 3

I think the approach we need in our country to solve many things involves "both/and" thinking and not an "either/or" mind set.  Until that happens we are screwed.  Great solutions involve coming together, not from a society that is massively divided by political agendas.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, fend off a bad guy while keeping the class calm and answering emails from parents about why I told Timmy to put his phone away during class...

And getting yelled at by adminstration for it being "loud" in the classroom...

But hey, we get a jeans day once a month!

Also, Ukraine needs 50 billion dollars...not our education system. 

All of this…truth!

Im coming to the point that I’m going to quit doing drills.  My goal in a shooting, get home to MY kids.  Let parents teach there kids what to do in that situation.  Parental rights!!!

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, funhusker said:

All of this…truth!

Im coming to the point that I’m going to quit doing drills.  My goal in a shooting, get home to MY kids.  Let parents teach there kids what to do in that situation.  Parental rights!!!

I just with my kids that I am no hero and don't want some lame plaque in the hallway that some kid looks at 20 years from now and goes "Dang, a teacher got killed here" and it has my picture on it.