Gun Control

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Pick out my gulag cell I guess, idk what to tell you.

Follow board guidelines or don’t - either way, you’ll decide your own future. Testing your luck with a mod isn’t a good strategy. 

Please stay on topic. This point won’t be argued further. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Follow board guidelines or don’t - either way, you’ll decide your own future. Testing your luck with a mod isn’t a good strategy. 

I have not strayed from the topic. You getting sensitive is not a me issue.

18 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Nobody said that, but they certainly laid the framework for an experiment in individual liberty based on a vast and deep understanding of history that has grown into one hell of a success. 

A heck of a lot of that success in the US was because we were willing to change that framework they laid out.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

17 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I have not strayed from the topic. You getting sensitive is not a me issue.

:snacks:

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Nobody said that, but they certainly laid the framework for an experiment in individual liberty based on a vast and deep understanding of history that has grown into one hell of a success. 

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

A heck of a lot of that success in the US was because we were willing to change that framework they laid out.

I’m having a very hard time considering anything that’s gone on in this country in the last ten years or so a “success”. Maybe if you’re using “success” in the past tense as in, it was successful for a long time but seems to be extremely dysfunctional now, okay.  Sort of tired of people claiming American exceptionalism in the midst of what can only be described as a complete clusterf#&%.

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m having a very hard time considering anything that’s gone on in this country in the last ten years or so a “success”. Maybe if you’re using “success” in the past tense as in, it was successful for a long time but seems to be extremely dysfunctional now, okay.  Sort of tired of people claiming American exceptionalism in the midst of what can only be described as a complete clusterf#&%.

Mine was talking about the history of success in America since the country was formed.

Yes, right now, there isn't much America can have bragging rights to.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Mine was talking about the history of success in America since the country was formed.

Yes, right now, there isn't much America can have bragging rights to.

This country still provides more individual freedom and economic viability than any other country on Earth, so ya we do have bragging rights still today. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

This country still provides more individual freedom and economic viability than any other country on Earth, so ya we do have bragging rights still today. 

Are you sure about that?  There are lots of free democracies in the world with very similar economic systems as us.

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Is there some way to measure that?

Even if that statement is true, we could absolutely be doing better than we are.